Steps to Activate Free Incident Support and File a Support Request (SR)
- Qualified Partner receives the serial number for SDK Incident Support in an email from VMware. The Serial number needs to be registered first before any Support Request (SR) can be filed against it. Note that the Email goes to the TAP Administrator at the partner.
a. New TAP members get this email along with their welcome email
b. Existing TAP members are sent a special email at the time of the roll-out of this program
c. In subsequent years, TAP members will get an email with the new serial numbers upon renewal of their TAP membership
- Partner Registers the SDK Incident Support serial number to their store account, by going to https://www.vmware.com/account/index.do and logging in with their store account. Note that a (free) store account may need to be created if one doesn’t exist for the partner
- Partner enters the serial number from the email notification.
Upon successful registration, the partner should see a confirmation like the one below after clicking the "Continue" button
- To Submit a Support Request, the partner should go to
www.vmware.com/support and verify their support entitlement. The page should look like the one below.
- Click on the hyperlink under the “Request Support” column. This will open up a new window like the one below. Fill out the required fields, and click the Continue button to create the SR ticket. On the next screen, click the “Submit SR” button to submit the ticket.
- Once the SR is submitted, the partner should see a confirmation window like the one below.
- The SDK Developer Support Team will respond via email. The team will make an effort to respond within 2 days, but note that the response time is not guaranteed.