Software vendors that fully support their products on VMware virtualization solutions can qualify for the VMware Ready logo in the Application Software category. The VMware Ready logo visibly demonstrates confidence and simplifies purchase decisions for any customer using a virtualized infrastructure. The Application Software category is open to all vendors, subject to VMware approval.
VMware technologies offer internal benefits for ISVs, as well, providing a flexible and cost-lowering platform for developing, testing, selling, and delivering their applications. Support costs also may be reduced and the customer support experience improved by using VMware capabilities such as virtual appliance technology for application deployment and virtual machine copies to allow technical support personal to reproduce software issues easily, without needing access to many different kinds of physical computer systems.
- Currently be enrolled in the VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program at any level.
- Submit explicit support statement for the application.
- TSANet membership and an entry in the VMware custom TSANet portal.
- Demonstrate successful operation by passing a workload test against a virtual configuration of the application and submitting the results to VMware. Partners that are highly experienced with delivering their products on a virtual platform may provide either of the following to VMware and request a waiver for the workload test:
- Upload comprehensive user deployment guide or similar document that describes how to install and operate the application on a virtual machine for production use
- Provide names of three reference customers currently using the application in production in a VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Submit a product description for the VMware Solution Exchange.
Virtual appliances help reduce complexity, increase productivity and accelerate innovation in software development and deployment. Developers and their partners use virtual appliances to bring scalable, robust software and hardware solutions to market faster while reducing development costs. Organizations of all kinds use virtual appliances to simplify software installation and management and to leverage the full capabilities of leading virtualization platforms such as vSphere.
Learn more about certifying a Virtual Appliance.