Find, fix and prevent performance problems in custom web applications, whether running on physical, virtual, or cloud infrastructure. With its ability to continuously monitor 50,000 metrics across 120 web technologies, Hyperic provides sysadmins the deep visibility they need to ensure server performance, reduce downtime, and meet SLAs. Hyperic automatically discovers new virtual machines as they come online, eliminating the need for manual updating of monitoring configurations.
Fast and Easy Web Infrastructure Monitoring
- Auto-discover over 120 popular middleware and applications instantly, complete with pre-configured best practice collection for key performance indicators (KPIs) to accelerate monitoring setup.
- Complete run-book deployment automation, including the ability to copy and reuse monitoring configurations and alert policies, to bring resources under management in under a minute.
- Comprehensive monitoring for performance, configuration and security changes correlated in an easy to read user interface to enable quick root cause analysis (RCA).
- Advances alerting and escalation workflows let you reduce alert duplication, irrelevant alerts, and false alarms by setting precise alert condition definitions on a wide range of performance metrics, and can trigger both email notifications and automated control actions for “hands-free” resolution of common problems.
- Administrative actions such as restarting servers or running garbage collection can be scheduled to run daily, weekly or monthly. They can also run in response to an alert condition, or manually performed via Hyperic’s web interface. Learn more about reducing resolution times with automated problem remediation.
- Role-based alerting lets you assign problems to appropriate specialist teams – app server, DBA, development, network admin, and so on while alert calendars allow for geographically distributed staff and 24x7 operations.
- AJAX dashboard lets you create dashboards tailored to the needs of each group on your operations team.
- Role-based security allows organizations to control access and privileges based on user role, including incorporating external authentication such as LDAP or Kerberos, and use uni-directional agent communications protocol to monitor resources beyond the firewall.
- Cloud- and virtualization aware, including installation as a virtual appliance and seamless support for paused or moving guest platforms, organizations have the freedom to deploy and scale across physical and cloud-based infrastructures and keep their application infrastructure under management.
- Extended analysis tools include advanced dashboard charting, capacity planning, base lining and built-in reporting help large teams plan and communicate web infrastructure performance easily. Learn more about advanced reporting and analysis.
- Enterprise-level scalability and high availability deployment options including the ability to deploy uni-directional agent communications protocol to monitor resources beyond the firewall.
Easy Extensible with an Open, Standardized API
- Universally extensible, vFabric Hyperic API aggregates all subsystem-specific functionality under one umbrella, providing a simple programming interface to all vFabric Hyperic features.
- Hyperic’s Management Plugin Framework lets you build your own plugins to manage practically any type of server that Hyperic doesn’t already support. Through this framework, Hyperic can discover, monitor, and control any application or device using a straightforward Java/XML API.
- Hyperic’s HQU Plugin framework lets you create custom user interfaces to present performance data to meet your organization’s specific needs. The HQU Framework extends the Hyperic user interface to automate routine processes and integrate Hyperic with other management systems. Written in Groovy, a dynamic scripting language for the Java Virtual Machine, HQU plugins can be shared and added to live environments without stopping or restarting the Hyperic Server.