Increase your web tiers performance, scalability and security while reducing deployment times and complexity with VMware vFabric Web Server, the HTTP server and load-balancing component of the vFabric Suite.
- Reduce deployment time with preconfigured instances of Apache.
- See improved performance even under burst workload conditions.
- Keep your web tier secure with faster patch availability.
Key Features and Functionality
vFabric Web Server is built on Apache 2.2, the latest stable version of the popular http server, and runs on RHEL, Windows, and other operating systems. In addition to including Apache httpd and its core modules, vFabric Web Server has the following module support.
- mod_ftp, to serve content using the FTP protocol.
- mod_fcgid, a FastCGI implementation that lets you run Perl and PHP scripts.
- openssl, for securely sending web pages to browsers using the SSL encryption standard
- openldap, an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- mod_jk, which handles communication between Tomcat and Apache.
- mod_bmx, for performance monitoring using vFabric Hyperic.
- libexpat, an XML parser.
- libapr and libaprutil, for API standardization.
- zlib, for content compression.
vFabric Web Server supports almost all CAs including VeriSign, Thawte, Entrust, and Equifax. Additionally, it supports the Rainbow CryptoSwift and nCipher nFast acceleration cards.