Leverage a single Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) workflow for deploying updates for both Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications and patches in a Windows environment with this data service to Microsoft's SCCM Updates Publisher (SCUP). Extend SCCM patch and update management features to your other mission-critical applications, including Adobe Reader®, Java™, Mozilla Firefox® and more.
Using vCenter Protect Update Catalog is simple; no research required.
- Create a self-signing certificate and copy it to the appropriate certificate stores.
- Download the vCenter Protect Update Catalog.
- Import the vCenter Protect Update Catalog into SCUP.
- Select the product to publish and sync to a configured updates server.
- Use SCCM to select the products you want to detect and patch.
SCCM does the rest according to your established policies!
Download the vCenter Protect Update Catalog for SCUP 2011 Quick Start Guide to help you use the vCenter Protect Update Catalog.
Download the vCenter Protect Update Catalog for SCUP 4.5 Quick Start Guide to help you use the vCenter Protect Update Catalog.
Simple to Use, easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Launch Microsoft's SCUP and select Import.
2. From the Import Software Updates Catalog Wizard, select the specify path option and browse to the folder/directory where VMware vCenter Protect Update Catalog is stored. Continue through the wizard with the defaults.
3. Pick one or more updates to publish for a vendor and select the Publish. In the Publish Software Updates Wizard, select the publish Full Content option and use remaining defaults. If asked, accept vendor certificate when publishing from the VMware vCenter Protect Update Catalog.