Eliminate policy drift and ensure compliance with critical agency directives when you automate IT management operations including asset discovery and inventory, patch management, compliance auditing, and configuration management with optional antivirus protection, ITScripts, and power management. The Government Edition supports the standards implemented by the NSA and NIST, as well as the Federal Government’s other security initiatives. The Government Edition is certified for Common Criteria.*
The Government Edition includes all the features of VMware vCenter Protect Essentials and adds:
- IAVA Reporter: Achieve compliance with Information Assurance Vulnerability alerts, bulletins, and technical advisories and IAV-mandated remediation deadlines
- SCAP Processor: The Government Edition is Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)-validated to help you achieve compliance with Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) and United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB)
- Configuration Management Module: Automated policy baseline development and enforcement, policy cloning and distribution and audit-ready reporting.
You can choose to add antivirus protection and power management features.
- Antivirus + Antispyware: Complete protection against the top security threats –delivering real time monitoring and protection against known and unknown malware threats. Protect antivirus works inside the Windows kernel (the core of the operating system), watching for malware and stopping it before it has a chance to execute on your system. Learn more about anti-virus features.
- Power Management: Power machines off in the evenings and on weekends and wake machines up to deploy critical security patches. Learn more about power management features.
- ITScripts: Quickly solve and automate many common workflow process challenges with ITScripts. You can use ITScripts to build unique workflow processes quickly and easily.
VMware vCenter Protect receives Evaluation Assurance Level 3+ (EAL 3+) of Common Criteria* that represents the highest security standards certification essential for any government or international sales requirement. This rigorous standard is mutually accepted by 26 countries around the world.
*Shavlik Security Suite version 8.1 was the most recent Common Criteria certified version of the vCenter Protect Essentials Government Edition product. The technologies with Common Criteria security claims remain unchanged in the most recent versions of the vCenter Protect Essentials Government Edition product.
By leveraging VMware solutions, you gain access to one of a handful of SCAP-validated products that simplifies and automates both assessment and remediation. To view VMware's validation on the NIST web site click here (listed under Shavlik). The Government Edition is currently validated for FDCC Scanner. Its capabilities, when combined with NIST’s SCAP data, allow for maintaining compliance with both the FDCC and USGCB requirements.
We also provide a downloadable FDCC template that agencies can use to quickly compare configurations across a network to the configuration mandated by the FDCC. You'll not only discover those systems that do not comply with the FDCC, but can automatically bring errant systems back to a compliant state.
Continuous Compliance and NIST 800-53 Compliance
Achieve compliance, remain compliant, and demonstrate compliance by quickly assessing the environment to determine if the infrastructure is meeting compliance regulations, and can ensure that systems are up, maintained, secure, and meeting all requirements.
Government agencies can access a full range of VMware solutions through a number of different purchasing vehicles by working with our public sector resellers and system integrator partners.