Mware vCenter Server Heartbeat delivers high availability for VMware vCenter Server, protecting virtual infrastructure from application, configuration, operating system, network and hardware-related problems. Protect VMware vCenter Server and its database against all types of planned and unplanned downtime with seamless, rapid failover and failback on both physical and virtual platforms. Proactively monitor VMware vCenter Server and ensure seamless failover and failback of for in local and remote locations.
Learn more about VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat features.
- Proactively monitors and protects VMware vCenter Server with automated and manual failover and failback. vCenter Server Heartbeat monitors availability of all components of vCenter Server at the application and service layer, with the ability to restart or restore individual services. It uses a passive server instance to provide rapid failover and failback of vCenter Server and its components like vSphere Update Manager to a standby instance either onsite or to a remote datacenter. Provides the same level of protection for the vCenter Server database. Heartbeat provides the same level of protection for the vCenter Server database, monitoring and protecting the Microsoft SQL Server database associated with vCenter Server, even if it’s installed on a separate server.
- Enhanced architecture allows the active and standby nodes to be reachable over the network at the same time, enabling both to be patched and managed.
- Monitoring and protection for Horizon View infrastructure - Heartbeat can monitor and protect VMware View Composer, allowing IT to maintain user productivity by ensuring the availability of virtual desktops.
- Protects VMware vCenter Server performance, alerts and events information, keeping it up-to-date even if VMware vCenter Server experiences an outage
Failover and Failback
- Automatic failover and failback of VMware vCenter Server - Failure detection, failover process and rules are embedded in the product, making manual recovery and failover process definitions unnecessary
- Real-time replication of all relevant application data - Heartbeart provides lossless recovery from outages by using data replication to keep the passive server up-to-date with any changes in real-time.
- Enables administrators to schedule maintenance windows and maintain availability by initiating a manual switchover to the standby server
- LAN or WAN failover capability - Heartbeat can protect vCenter Server against both local and site outages. Smart bandwidth compression and split-brain avoidance technology facilitate WAN failovers.
Ease of Use
- Easy to use improved integration with vCenter Server - Plug-in provides monitoring and management of Heartbeat from the vSphere Client. Heartbeat tasks and alarms are registered in vCenter and displayed in the vSphere Client.
- Easy-to-use user interface - new intuitive web interface in vCenter Server Heartbeat makes it easier to manage multiple instances of Heartbeat from a single point.
- Easy to install, configure and use - Heartbeat has no hardware configuration dependencies and automatically detects standard VMware vCenter Server components and Horizon View upon installation, providing instant monitoring and protection.