VMware vCenter™ Support Assistant™ is a FREE plugin for vCenter Server that provides an easy-to-use, secure, one-stop shop BOTH for creating and managing service requests AND generating and uploading logs.
VMware vCenter Support Assistant System Requirements
vCenter Support Assistant has the following system requirements:
- vCenter Server 4.1 or later
- vCPUs: 2
- vRAM: 2GB
- Disk space: 1.3GB for thin provisioning; 155GB for thick provisioning
The following network connectivity is required:
From the Support Assistant virtual appliance:
- Connectivity to https://supportassistant.vmware.com and https://*.nirvanix.com
- Connectivity to the vCenter Server and ESX/ESXi hosts that you wish to generate log bundles from
From the vSphere Client / vSphere Web Client
- The machine running the Support Assistant client (user interface) must be able to reach nirvanix.com on port 443 using HTTPS, or else the user interface will be disabled.
- The machine running the Support Assistant client must be able to reach the Support Assistant Virtual Application via HTTPS over port 443.
- Adobe Flash must be installed. If it is not installed already, you may be prompted to install it. After installation Support Assistant should be able to run.
vCenter Support Assistant requires vCenter Server 4.1, 5.0 or 5.1 to be installed.
Log bundle generation: Supported products
vCenter Support Assistant 5.1 supports the generation of support bundle data by vCenter Support Assistant from the following products and versions: