Backup your virtual machines without disrupting users and applications. VMware Consolidated Backup provides a centralized backup facility that enables you to use leading backup software from VMware partners to protect system, application, and user data in your virtual machines while reducing the load on virtualized servers.
The following is a list of the key features of VMware Consolidated Backup.
- Integration with most backup providers. Leverage existing investment in backup agents to move virtual machine data from the proxy server to tape devices. View VMware Consolidated Backup Integrations developed by VMware Technology Alliance Partners.
- Backup proxy server. Remove load from VMware ESX server by consolidating backup load and management onto a backup proxy server.
- File level full and incremental backup. Recover individual files and directories (for virtual machines running Microsoft® Windows operating system).
- Image level backup. Recover entire virtual machine image in the event of a disaster (for virtual machines running any operating system).
- FibreChannel, iSCSI, NAS, or local storage support. Protect a virtualized environment that utilizes any type of storage.