Simplify VMware vSphere management by automating patches and updates. vSphere Update Manager makes it easy to manage tracking and patching of vSphere hosts.
- Keep machines up to date and in compliance
- Reduce risks of patching
- Eliminate vSphere downtime related to host patching
Keep Machines Up-to-date and in Compliance
Automate patch management and eliminate manual tracking and patching of vSphere hosts and virtual machines. vSphere Update Manager compares the state of vSphere hosts with baselines, then updates and patches to enforce compliance to mandated patch standards.
- Gain visibility into patch status across the virtual infrastructure with a patch compliance dashboard
- Stage and schedule patching for remote sites
- Deploy offline bundles of patches downloaded directly from vendor websites
Reduce the Risks of Patching
- Store snapshots for a user-defined period so administrators can roll back the virtual machine if necessary
- Securely patch offline virtual machines without exposing them to the network, reducing the risk of non-compliant virtual machines
- Make sure the most current version of a patch is applied with automatic notification services
Eliminate vSphere Downtime Related to Patching
vSphere Update Manager works in conjunction with vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) to provide non-disruptive host patching when remediating a cluster. vSphere Update Manager works with vSphere DRS to put hosts in maintenance mode one by one and migrates virtual machines live to other hosts while patching.
- Automatically migrate virtual machines to other hosts during patching
- Migrate virtual machines back after patching