VMware Zimbra is an enterprise-class email, calendar and collaboration solution, built for the cloud, both public and private. With a redesigned browser-based interface, Zimbra offers the most innovative messaging experience available today, connecting end users to the information and activity in their personal clouds. Built on the power of VMware's virtualization and cloud expertise, Zimbra can be deployed in a private cloud as a virtual appliance or hosted in the public cloud, making it easy for IT to deploy, manage and scale at dramatically lower costs compared to legacy solutions.
Messaging and Collaboration for the Post-PC Era
- Connect users to their personal clouds with a smarter mailbox that integrates email, calendar, voice, tasks, address book, social and enterprise applications.
- Choose multiple deployment options: in a private cloud as a virtual appliance or hosted in the public cloud.
- Out-of-the-box integrated click-to-call, visual voicemail, chat and presence.
- Stay connected anywhere on any smartphone or other device with automatic synchs.
- Work online or offline with Zimbra Desktop or clients such as Microsoft Outlook.
- Integrate with external directories for authentication, address lists and provisioning.
- Operate at a lower total cost-of-ownership (TCO) than legacy email platforms.
Advanced, Integrated Web Experience
- Boost productivity with an innovative, robust browser-based interface, that provides natural conversation, support for rich compose and cut and paste, sophisticated calendaring and a new dedicated search tab with common and easy-to-customize filters.
- Easily send and receive authenticated and encrypted email messages.
- Comprehensive search-based inbox, including within attachments and saved search folders.
- Integrated email, contacts, calendaring plus sharing and delegation control.
- Productive document management, check in/out, instant sharing of documents and folders.
- Calendar wizard finds optimal group meeting times and is interoperable with Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010.
- Customized “collaboration hub” integrating external applications and web services – such as maps, Facebook, Twitter, flight schedules, and enterprise applications such as Oracle or SAP.
Flexible Deployment Options and Virtualization-Ready
- Option to deploy Zimbra natively on hardware or virtualized; or deployed as a software virtual appliance.
- Deploy Zimbra on-premises or as a Cloud service from a VMware hosting partner.
- Fully supports multi-tenancy and delegated administration for hosting and service providers.
- Role-based delegated administration to create domain or limited administration settings per account.
- High availability, disaster recovery, backup and life cycle management from VMware vSphere.
- Smartcard and Common Access Card authentication.
Integrated Unified Communications
- Out-of-the-box integration with Cisco and Mitel for click-to-call, visual voicemail, call record history, presence and instant messaging.
- Extend Zimbra to work with other third-party unified communication solutions through the Zimbra SDK.
- Synchronization to iOS (iPhone, iPad), Windows and Android-based smartphones and tablets.
- Use any BlackBerry smartphone via Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES).
- Manage security policies and remote device wipe, PINs and device management features on user accounts.
- Rich browser-based experience for Zimbra email, contacts, calendar and files on any xHTML-capable device.
Zimbra Desktop and Desktop Clients
- Get the same powerful Zimbra experience offline with Zimbra Desktop, the free email client for Windows, Mac or Linux desktops.
- Aggregates Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL, Hotmail and other POP/IMAP accounts.
- Sync Gmail, Yahoo! Address Book and Calendar.
- MAPI synchronization to Outlook 2003/2007/2010 with full delegate, offline access and support for S/MIME.
- Simplified task-oriented AJAX Web Administration Console enables anywhere administration.
- Integrated anti-spam, anti-virus and directory services (LDAP, Active Directory).
- Real-time mailbox backup and restore; native hierarchical storage management (HSM).
- Cross-mailbox discovery and archiving for regulatory compliance.
- Manage end-user features, quotas, storage policies via Class-of-Service (CoS).
- Migration Wizards enable customers to rapidly and easily migrate from Microsoft Exchange and IBM Domino environments to Zimbra.
- Application monitoring and performance management with VMware vFabric Hyperic.