vSphere® Data Protection™ Advanced is licensed per CPU on virtualized servers where it can backup virtual machines as well as virtualized applications. While protecting applications like Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint on physical servers vSphere Data Protection Advanced is licensed per Operating System Instance (OSI) on that physical server.
vSphere Data Protection (VDP) Advanced is licensed in the following ways:
- per CPU (processor) on a virtualized server, that is, one license of VDP Advanced is required for each CPU of vSphere hosts running protected virtual machines.
- per Operating System Instance on a physical server.
This means you can:
- Protect as many virtual machines as needed on licensed vSphere hosts.
- Deploy virtual appliances as needed (up to 10 per vCenter Server).
- Protect supported applications on physical servers irrespective of the number of physical CPUs on that server
Have questions? Speak to a vSphere Data Protection expert.
Find a Reseller
Use the partner locator to find a reseller near you.
Evaluate vSphere Data Protection
Try a free, 60-day evaluation of vSphere Data Protection.