Management and Operations
Operations management is a key requirement for any virtualized environment. There are comprehensive capabilities available in vSphere, delivering virtualization with consistent management, purpose-built to help you maximize the benefits of your virtualized data center and get the best performance, availability and efficiency out of your infrastructure and applications from day one.
- Unified Command Console: See key performance indicators in easily identifiable colored badges and get a comprehensive view into what is driving current and potential future performance and capacity management issues.
- Predictive Analytics: Gain comprehensive visibility with over 600 vSphere performance indicators to manage operational health and risks.
- Performance Monitoring and Capacity Management: Analyze vCenter Server performance data and establish dynamic thresholds for smart alerts about health degradations, performance bottlenecks and capacity shortfalls.
- Application Awareness and Dependency Mapping: Simplify impact analysis and more easily identify root causes. Build comprehensive disaster plans.
- Storage Analytics: Easily identify configuration errors, resource starvation and performance issues with deep visibility into virtual and physical storage infrastructure topology.
- Advanced Capacity Modeling: Save what-if scenarios and commit capacity models to the analytics engine for better capacity calculations and smart alerts.
- Real-Time Log Analytics: Proactively troubleshoot and improve root cause analysis.
- Intelligent Workload Balancing: Visualize capacity utilization with workloads across clusters, vCenters, and data centers. A balancing plan recommends optimal placement of the workloads and integrates with DRS to balance the workloads across clusters.
- Guided Remediation: Get simple, actionable explanations of problems with recommendations for corrective actions.
- Automated Capacity Optimization: Increase resource utilization through automated capacity optimization and planning.
- Automated Standards Enforcement: Automate detection and enforcement of standards to ensure compliance.
- Simple deployment: Standardize and simplify how you configure and manage vSphere host deployments.
- Centralized control: Manage the essentials of vSphere from any browser.
- Proactive resource optimization: Manage processor and memory resources to VMs on the same physical server.
- Workflow creation: Capture key server management processes as best practices using workflow orchestration.
- Accelerate process automation: Use out-of-the-box workflows and VMware and partner provided vRealize Orchestrator workflows and plug-ins.
- Powerful management features: Extend plug-ins, centralize scripts and process-related primitives and export workflows.
- Capacity optimization: Make sure environments are right-sized to meet your needs.
- Performance monitoring: Identify emerging issues before they impact your end users.
- Operations visibility: Customize dashboards and provide role-based access for better collaboration.