Mitel and VMware build a bridge
In a partnership made in data-center heaven, Mitel® and VMware® have cracked the final frontier of voice telephony: virtualization. It took the combined forces of Mitel, a company in a voice telephony league of its own, and VMware, the leader in virtualization, to solve a previously unmanageable problem. The partnership attacked the chasm between voice telephony and virtualized software, and succeeded. Now, mission-critical voice applications have been virtualized alongside other enterprise business applications in the mainstream data center.
Why Virtualize Voice?
Top 5 Reasons to adopt the Mitel Virtual Solution within your data center:
- CIOs can now fundamentally change the way they think about their IT infrastructures and their resources. Resources and personnel that have traditionally been devoted to maintaining separate voice and data infrastructures can now be focused on a single infrastructure developing new applications and services that build competitive advantage for the organization.
- Reduce datacenter costs by reducing your physical infrastructure and improving your server to admin ratio: Fewer servers and related IT hardware means reduced real estate and reduced power and cooling requirements. Better management tools let you improve your server to admin ratio so personnel requirements are reduced as well.
- Increase availability of hardware and applications for improved business continuity: Securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service. Eliminate planned downtime and recover immediately from unplanned issues.
- Gain operational flexibility: Respond to market changes with dynamic resource management, faster server provisioning and improved desktop and application deployment.
- Get more out of your existing resources: Pool common infrastructure resources and break the legacy “one application to one server” model with server consolidation.
To learn more about how CIOs and other IT managers straddle the two worlds of data centers and telephony, read Uniting the Worlds of Data and Voice whitepaper.
Mitel and VMware are the first to bring voice to the virtual desktop, enabling organizations to reap the benefits of adding unified communications and collaboration to other virtual desktop applications. Read more.
vMCD - Virtual Mitel Communications Director
Mitel Communications Director (MCD) is highly scalable, proven IP-PBX software that is the foundation of the Mitel Freedom Architecture, providing customers with the ultimate flexibility to achieve their communications objectives. Whether a company has thirty users or tens of thousands of users, MCD provides powerful call handling, a profusion of UC features, and simple management. Read more.
vUCA - Virtual Mitel Unified Communicator Advanced
Virtual Unified Communicator (UC) Advanced is a virtual appliance that integrates your communications tools in a secure and centralized system from your desktop or a mobile device. Virtual UC Advanced gives you real-time access to everyone in the organization, on or off the premises, with user and phone presence information that makes every phone call or instant message (IM) count, and simple ways to manage your personal communications. Employees can find, communicate, and collaborate with others quickly, easily and in the moment. Read more.
vCCS - Virtual Mitel Contact Center Solutions
Mitel has a solution for any type and size of contact center.
Entry-level and small contact centers. Mitel Customer Service Manager (CSM) meets the needs of entry-level or “departmental” contact centers. And for small contact centers that still have complex needs and high call rates, there is Mitel Contact Center Business Edition.
Enterprise-class contact centers. Mitel Contact Center Enterprise Edition is a robust, highly flexible solution that delivers feature-rich, web-based call applications to the most sophisticated contact centers, including virtual contact centers with multiple locations and remote agents. Read more.
vMAS - Virtual Mitel Applications Suite
The Mitel Applications Suite consolidates a comprehensive set of unified business communications and collaboration applications onto a single server footprint with common installation, commissioning, and administration tools. MAS delivers capabilities such as unified messaging, speech-enabled auto-attendant, mobility, teleworking, sophisticated audio, video, and web conferencing, informal contact center functionality, and business reporting. Read more.
vMBG - Virtual Mitel Border Gateway
Powered by Mitel and VMware's leading edge technology, vMBG enables the secure deployment of multiple services in a number of network edge scenarios. vMBG can be deployed in conjunction with VMware vShield to provide firewall security solutions for: Teleworker Service, SIP Trunk Proxy Service and Application Web Proxy Service. This solution securely enables remote employees to work and collaborate productively by having a complete in-office unified communications experience without being physically in the office. Read more.