Build a Dynamic and Efficient IT Infrastructure with Virtualization
Server consolidation and virtualization help you reduce costs while service levels and tightening security while increasing flexibility. You’ll see dramatic economic and operational results. Virtualization helps state and local governments efficiently deal with the increasing demand for IT services while reducing infrastructure and energy operating costs. It also transforms state and local government agencies into dynamic and agile computing environments where greater efficiency translates directly into improved operations. In addition to operational improvements, VMware virtualization helps you meet your energy efficiency needs and demonstrates your agency's commitment to reducing its energy consumption.
- Reduce total cost of ownership for your desktops and datacenter
- Deploy flexible and scalable solutions with strong support and security
- Consolidate hardware infrastructure by a 15:1 ratio
- Reducing energy consumption and costs up to 80%
- Achieving rapid ROI using your existing IT infrastructure
Overview and Offerings
Don’t let server sprawl and platform dependencies prevent your agency from achieving its goals. Take control of your IT infrastructure with VMware vSphere. Cut capital and operating costs while increasing IT service delivery without being locked into limited choices of operating systems, applications and hardware.
- Reduce hardware and operating costs by as much as 50% and energy costs by 80% and improve flexibility with server consolidation
- Increase energy efficiency by running fewer servers and dynamically powering down unused servers
- Decrease downtime and improve reliability with business continuity and built-in data disaster recovery
- Keep data and sensitive information secure and protected, minimizing the risk of a security breach, with secure mobile computing
- Deliver high availability, allocate resources dynamically, and automate management of applications and hardware with virtualization management solutions.
- Make better resource utilization and allocation decisions by ensuring accurate measurement of the true costs of virtualized workloads
- Energy Efficiency Solution Brief
- Energy Efficiency White Paper
- Energy Efficiency Presentation
- PG&E Energy Efficiency Program Datasheet