Program Terms & Conditions
- Conversion must include at least one vSphere license AND at least one product that performs one of constituent features of the destination product (see Fair Value Conversion Eligibility Matrix). This requirement does not apply in case of EVO SDDC Add-On products.
- The conversion value will equal to approximately 90% of the current license list price
- An active SnS contract is required for all products used for the conversion
- Conversion Value can be up to 100% of the total Current License List Price of “To” product.
- The number of vSphere (per processor) or vCloud Suite (per processor) licenses (“From” product) must equal the number of vCloud Suite (per processor) or EVO SDDC (per processor) (“To” product) purchased as part of the conversion. This requirement does not apply in case of EVO SDDC Add-On products.
- A single conversion can include only one vCloud Suite Edition (“To” product). Upgrading to multiple vCloud Suite Editions can still be accommodated by performing multiple conversions.
- A single conversion can include multiple vSphere or constituent feature product editions (“From” products). A minimum two (2) month SnS contract must be purchased as part of conversion. Customers with contractual agreements with VMware may be exempt from this requirement. All product SKUs used for conversion must have the same category (i.e., Commercial, U.S. Federal, Academic) as the “To” product purchased as part of the conversion. The conversion and purchase must be simultaneous. A conversion cannot be used for a credit towards a future purchase.
- The existing licenses used for the conversion will be inactivated. They will no longer appear on the My VMware license portal and become inactive.