- Exchange 2010 on VMware – Use cases
- Exchange 2010 on VMware – Best Practices Guide
- Exchange 2010 on VMware – Availability and Recovery Options
- Exchange 2010 on VMware – Design and Sizing Examples
- Exchange 2010 on VMware – Support and Licensing Guide
- Exchange 2007 on VMware – Performance
- 16,000 Exchange Users Solution on a VMware/EMC Environment
- Deployment Guide – Transitioning from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 on VMware
- Deploying Exchange Server 2007 on VMware Infrastructure: A VMware Internal Case Study
- Dell - Virtualizing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 with VMware ESX Server 3
- HP - Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 mailbox roles on VMware Infrastructure 3 using HP ProLiant servers and HP Storageworks
- NetApp - Microsoft Exchange 2007 on VMware Infrastructure 3 and NetApp iSCSI Storage
Best Practices for Virtualizing Active Directory
2008 paper describing techniques and best practices for deploying Active Directory.
Navy Marine Corps Intranet (350,000 mailboxes)
Virtualize 350,000 Exchange 2003 mailboxes to control costs, improve availability, and increase manageability.
University of Plymouth
Run a large 50,000 mailbox Exchange deployment at lower cost, simplify availability and disaster recovery, while increasing Exchange manageability.
Consolidate BlackBerry, Exchange, and SAP infrastructure. Accelerate deployment and improve availability and disaster recovery.
Consolidate Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, and Oracle Databases infrastructure, simplify systems management, and develop a disaster-avoidance plan.
The Cleveland Indians Company
Consolidate Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server infrastructure, implement a streamlined Disaster Recovery plan, and increase application manageability.
Consolidate large Oracle and SQL databases, Exchange, and McKesson. Reduce TCO, simplify administration, provide greater control over computing resources, and increase availability.
AccelerateBlackBerry Enterprise Server deployment and scale dynamically to meet growing user demands.
Use VMware Infrastructure 3 to maintain a cost-effective enterprise-class disaster recovery solution for Exchange and several other critical applications.
Create entirely virtualized IT environments that eliminate server sprawl, provide optimum availability and deliver excellent disaster recovery for Microsoft Exchange.
Use VMware Infrastructure and VMware Lab Manager as lab automation solutions for creating, capturing, suspending, indexing, archiving and recreating testing environments. Read our White Papers.
- High Availability for Exchange using VMware: Listen or Download the MP3 *
- Disaster Recover (DR) for Exchange using VMware: Listen or Download the MP3 *
- Testing and Troubleshooting for Exchange using VMware: Listen or Download the MP3 *
* Right click on the link and select Save Target As to download locally.
- VMware VROOM! Blog
EMC Resource Library for deploying Mission-Critical Applications with VMware
A variety of resources for deploying critical services on VMware, including Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Oracle, and others.