Avoid unnecessary risk and overhead by choosing a robust and production-proven hypervisor as the foundation for your virtualized datacenter. Selecting the right hypervisor is the first step towards success in building a virtual infrastructure.
Not all hypervisors are equal. Learn more about how VMware vSphere Hypervisor is - and will continue to be - the industry's most robust and production-proven hypervisor and why VMware is the best choice for building a virtual infrastructure.
- Comparing Hypervisors
- Hyper-V and Xen Architectures: Too Much Code
- Achieve Scalable Performance
- Virtualization-Aware Networking and Security Solutions
- Industry Recognition
Securing the Virtual Datacenter
VMware vCloud Networking and Security is the leading software defined networking and security solution that enhances operational efficiency, unlocks agility and enables extensibility to rapidly respond to business needs. By abstracting networking and security from physical infrastructure and pooling resources, customers can create scalable logical networks. Integrated management of these services reduces cost and complexity of datacenter operations.
The vCloud Networking and Security solutions are one-of-a-kind solutions to tackle rigid hardware-based architectures that cannot adapt to dynamic business requirements. Unlike hardware based alternatives, vCloud Networking and Security allows organizations to create networks that scale with the application and apply security services exactly where needed. This is all accomplished with an open and extensible framework to allow the addition of 3rd party services for maximum flexibility and choice.
- VXLAN is the enabling technology for network virtualization, providing network abstraction, elasticity and scale aligned with compute virtualization, and with defined SLAs. VXLAN provides an architecture for customers to grow their cloud deployments with extensible virtual domains. Customers can confidently scale their applications across clusters and pods without any physical network reconfiguration.
- Edge provides a rich set of integrated virtualization-aware networking and security gateway services for perimeter network security and load balancing. It includes services like firewall, NAT, load balancing and VPN. It allows customers to quickly and securely scale their cloud infrastructures, while improving performance and availability. Edge HA protects against network failures, host failures, and software failures.
- App protects applications in the virtual datacenter from network-based threats and enables business-based security group segmentation. Customers gain deep visibility into network communications between virtual machines, enabling them to enforce granular policies with security groups. VMware vCloud Networking and Security App eliminates the need for VLANs and dedicated firewalls to isolate applications and optimizes resource utilization while maintaining strong security.
- Data Security simplifies compliance with comprehensive scanning and logging of all virtual machine network activity and policy violation reports.
- Management and Reporting seamlessly integrates with vCenter server to provides a central point of control for managing, deploying, reporting, logging and integrating security and gateway services, as well as third-party services. VMware vCloud Networking and Security enables role-based access control and separation of duties as part of a unified framework for managing virtualization networking and security.
No other virtualization platform has the breadth nor vision for delivering a comparable virtualization-aware networking and security solution.