Transform Healthcare IT and Patient-Care Cost, Quality and Delivery
IT has become an integral part of the patient-care contract. Healthcare IT organizations must enable always-available access to electronic medical records (EMR), drive new sources of revenue and plan for declining reimbursements. They must also comply with industry regulations—from HIPAA and HITECH to SOX and PCI—while keeping data and protected health information (PHI) secure.
VMware vCloud® for Healthcare transforms the cost, quality and delivery of patient care, safely accelerating the transition to truly connected care. This comprehensive framework enables healthcare organizations to:
- Simplify complex healthcare infrastructure and run the most critical patient-care applications on the platform awarded KLAS Category Leader in virtualization
- Move regulated workloads with PHI safely across the continuum of care—across private, public and hybrid clouds
- Improve workflows with virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), providing secure access to patient information from anywhere, on any device. Learn more about Point of Care
- Deliver fully supported and validated applications and cloud services. Check ISV Support
- Reduce and avoid downtime of critical patient-care applications and remediate issues before they affect end users. Read about Care Systems
Improve Outcomes - Healthcare IT Solutions for Private Cloud
vCloud for Healthcare bridges critical care mainframe and client/server technologies with new mobile-cloud era solutions to enable connected care. Use vCloud for Healthcare to support clinical self-service access to information and applications—anytime, anywhere, on any device, and gain:
- Greater efficiency – Extend the cost and operational benefits of server virtualization to all data center infrastructure—compute, networking, security and storage—through an open, software-defined architectural approach. Automate and manage heterogeneous systems, infrastructure and public clouds.
- Proactive regulatory compliance – Enable proactive regulatory compliance for the cloud and deliver dynamic clinical IT services in a trusted infrastructure.
- Less downtime – Monitor critical patient-care systems—preventing outages and noncompliance with regulations while discovering performance and capacity issues before they affect end users.
- More transparency – Align IT and business, providing transparency into the cost and quality of IT service.
Drive Efficiency - Healthcare IT Solutions for Hybrid and Public Cloud
The VMware hybrid cloud solution is built on VMware vSphere®, the same award-winning VMware virtualization technology that healthcare organizations have used for years. Running off-premises, it enables you to quickly and seamlessly extend your existing data center into the cloud so you can deliver more efficient IT services that allow you to capitalize on cloud economics and new models of delivery.
VMware hybrid cloud solution provides:
- Lower testing and training hassles and costs - Automate the delivery of testing and training environments using pre-approved policies. Extend applications into HIPAA-compliant environments, integrated into your existing security model. Pay only when systems are used.
- Easy legacy data archival – Archive tier-two and tier-three applications by transitioning databases, or even complete applications, into a hybrid cloud. Link current PHI to data from legacy systems.
- Streamlined disaster recovery - Ensure high availability of critical patient-care systems in the event of a disaster. Leverage the same, integrated, security and management model on-premises and off-premises.
Deliver Workspace Mobility - Healthcare IT Solutions for Point of Care
vCloud for Healthcare point of care solutions improve patient-care quality by providing the flexibility clinicians need to move seamlessly and securely between point of care devices and applications. Easily extend IT services and clinical applications to merged or acquired physician or hospital organizations. Enable a highly available clinical environment supported by major EMR and infrastructure partners.
vCloud for Healthcare helps your healthcare organization:
- Improve patient care – Enhance connected care by enabling providers to make real-time decisions as they access patient-care applications, including EMRs and CPOE systems, from any device, anywhere—the OR, ER, a clinic and even from home.
- Provide anytime, anywhere access – Improve patient outcomes using a tested and validated architectural design for nonstop access to clinical desktops (VDI) and point-of-care-applications that enhance patient safety.
- Achieve Regulatory Compliance – Meet HIPAA security requirements by ensuring all PHI is stored in the datacenter, not at the vulnerable endpoints.