VMware® vCenter™ Support Assistant™ is a free plug-in that accelerates Support Request resolution and provides proactive alerts that identify technical issues before problems occur.
Proactive Support & Prevention
- Receive proactive alerts and recommended fixes: Automatic notifications within vCenter keep you up-to-date on any issues and provide you with recommended solutions.
- Transmit selected log files automatically: Selected log files are collected and regularly transmitted to VMware Tech Support and matched to a dynamic list of known issues sourced from hundreds of thousands of customers.
- Configure data collection times: vCenter Support Assistant allows you to set the collection frequency and time of day to minimize impact on your system’s performance.
Reactive Support & Accelerated Resolution
- File technical Support Requests within vCenter: Use vCenter Support Assistant to file support requests for any product for which you already have VMware (not OEM) support entitlements – regardless of whether that entitlement is via subscription, or paid-for incident packs.
- Collect and attach diagnostic information and other files: With just a few clicks, vCenter Support Assistant can directly generate log support bundles from vCenter Server and vSphere. You can also easily attach other files, such as screenshots, to your support request. Files are sent securely over SSL.
- View existing Support Requests: Easily view the status of your existing support requests, add comments for VMware Support, view email exchanges, and select further diagnostic information or other files to upload.
- Transmit data to VMware securely: Data is encrypted en-route to and on location at VMware.
- Configure which vCenters and hosts transmit data: vCenter Support Assistant allows you to choose which hosts transmit data and uses single sign-on credentials from vCenter.