Simplify IT Management of Virtual Infrastructure Environments
vSphere with Operations Management not only offers a more intuitive user interface than vCenter Server, but it also takes vCenter Server monitoring capabilities further by adding predictive analytics to help with faster problem discovery and remediation as well as more efficient resource management.
Key Features of VMware vSphere with Operations Management 6.0
Unified Command Console (‘single pane of glass’) displays key performance indicators in easily identifiable colored badges and provides a comprehensive view into what is driving current and potential future performance and capacity management issues.
Performance Monitoring and Capacity Management analyze vCenter Server performance data and establish dynamic thresholds which provide smart alerts about health degradations, performance bottlenecks and capacity shortfalls.
- Performance data is abstracted to health, risk and efficiency measures that provides IT with operations visibility to effectively identify developing performance problems with less time and effort.
- Capacity management helps identify idle or overprovisioned VMs to reclaim excess capacity and increase VM density without impacting performance.
- Capabilities are equivalent to Standard edition of vRealize Operations Manager and available as an appliance that is accessible within minutes.
- vSphere Hardening checks against vSphere hardening guidelines.
Increased Performance and Availability of Mission-Critical Applications through new and enhanced functionality deliver greater agility, efficiency and resiliency at high service levels for your IT environments.
- Increased Host-Level Configuration Maximums (logical CPUs increased to 480) and Support for 64TB Virtual Machine Disk File (VMDK).
- Flash Read Cache leverages server-side caching for enhanced performance of applications.
- Provides VM Latency reduction by reserving memory, dedicating CPU cores and disabling network features prone to high latency.
- vMotion eliminates application downtime due to planned server maintenance by migrating live virtual machines between hosts, across clusters, distributed switches, vCenter Servers and over long distances of up to 100 ms RTT.
- Multi-Processor Fault Tolerance provides continuous availability for applications (up to 4-vCPUs) with zero data loss in the event of server failures.
- Big Data Extensions (BDE) Plug-in allows administrators to deploy and manage Hadoop clusters on vSphere.
- Learn more about product features that vSphere with Operations Management shares with VMware vSphere.