HP and VMware
Securely and Efficiently Manage Enterprise End-User Desktop Virtualization
VMware and HP have developed a blueprint for desktop virtualization that efficiently increases end-user productivity and flexibility while at the same time allowing IT control to protect sensitive company information. The HP Client Virtualization Gen8 Enterprise Reference Architecture (RA) for VMware View includes VMware vSphere, vCenter Server and VMware View software, as well as HP ProLiant Gen8 servers. When complemented by consulting and support services, the RA contains all the information needed to deliver an enterprise desktop virtualization solution that expands up to 4,500 users.
- Protect sensitive company information and meet compliance requirements. Company information remains secured behind the corporate firewall so that even when an end-user device is lost or stolen, confidential data is safe. And, securing information in the datacenter improves the ability to meet compliance requirements.
- Minimize IT management costs. HP Insight Control is integrated with VMware vCenter to simplify management for both physical and virtual servers and storage, all from a single console. This is in addition to the decreased costs of managing centrally the virtual desktops.
- Decrease risk and quicken deployment. Designed to support up to 2,400 end-users, the RA is based on hundreds of hours of testing to deliver specific optimizations for client virtualization sizing and performance. It includes a complete list of components and configuration guidelines to accelerate deployment.
Cost effective Desktop Virtualization for BYOD and Branch Offices
Designed for organizations or remote/branch offices of up to 200 users, HP, in coordination with VMware, is delivering the HP Client Virtualization Small-to-Medium Business (SMB) Reference Architecture (RA) for VMware View. The RA, including HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 servers, VMware View and VMware vSphere provides a detailed definition of a simplified, secure and cost-effective desktop virtualization solution.
- Faster time to production and efficient deployment of new virtual desktops. Guidelines for pre-configured storage and compute enable quick creation of a complete solution to push new desktop configurations to users in minutes using VMware Linked Clone technology.
- Reduce costs and support more devices. In addition to decreased time required to manage numerous types of devices across physical locations, labor cost savings of up to 57% per user/per year result from implementation of a system based on the RA vs. a traditional desktop environment including employee owned devices across physical locations.
- Improve security and compliance. SSL tunneling, support of RSA SecurID, and two-factor authentication provide tight controls over access. As client data sits inside the datacenter, it can be both protected and managed in accordance with relevant compliance standards.
Protect Information and Organizational Assets Against Attack
HP, as part of its Cloud Protection Program, has worked closely with VMware to create the HP Cloud Protection Foundation Service for VMware. Designed to enhance the security of HP CloudSystem and VMware-based cloud environments, the service takes advantage of industry best practices, VMware vCloud Networking and Security software and extensive security design and implementation expertise.
- Protect against common threats. Analysis and security hardening of HP CloudSystem with VMware vSphere, including implementation of VMware vCloud Networking and Security software.
- Compliance for the cloud. One of the first Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant cloud security solutions, verified by CoalFire. The solution stack covers PCI Data Security Standards (DSS) controls, as well as those for HIPPA and FISMA in virtual and cloud environments.
- Increase internal business user, partner and customer trust. Strong isolation capabilities help control security for multi-tenant environments.
- Increase control over the security of the cloud environment. Consistent, repeatable hardening process documented as part of a comprehensive assessment and knowledge transfer session.