Single Workspace for Apps and Data
Today's workers use multiple devices and cloud services, which results in scattered silos of data. VMware® Horizon Workspace™ makes it easy for users to access widely dispersed information by creating a corporate workspace that contains all their files and applications.
- Anywhere, anytime access – Provide secure access to applications and files on any endpoint, including iOS, Windows, Android and Mac.
- Data synchronization – Synchronize activity from desktop to device and back.
Separate Personal and Corporate Data
VMware Horizon Workspace creates a separate container for corporate assets on mobile devices, preventing data leakage and preserving the privacy of any personal information on the same device. IT manages only what it needs to manage, bringing security and compliance to personally owned devices.
- Virtualized container for Android devices – IT can remotely manage the entire lifecycle of the workspace, including determining security settings such as timeout/lease, logging for auditing and remote wipe across every application in the workspace. VMware-Ready Devices
- Native application support – Any application file package—including ones developed in-house—can be deployed to an employee’s corporate workspace without modification. Application distribution and updates are managed by the administrator and done over the air.
Manage Users, Not Devices
IT must secure and support an immense variety of applications, devices and operating systems. Horizon Workspace gives IT a user-centric management platform where all apps and data services are centrally cataloged and then distributed to users based on their identity and needs. It future-proofs the investment by accommodating new applications, devices and operating systems without requiring new infrastructure.
- Detailed policy management – Set group-based policies to govern data usage; support policy enforcement even when a device is offline; specify granular policy controls over data quota, allowed file types, maximum size, domains, expiration and external, version and hierarchical storage management; dynamically push out policy changes to users without re-provisioning.
- Simple user and application management – Add, update and delete users via Active Directory; manage internal and external users. Manage application categorization, publishing, versioning and distribution into an application catalog.
Share Files Seamlessly and Securely
Today's on-the-go users need to share files with colleagues as well as partners and customers beyond the firewall. Horizon Workspace enables employees to collaborate and be productive from any device, while ensuring that company data remains under the umbrella of IT governance.
- Enterprise-grade security – Meet regulations for private, industry and government security compliance. Inspect and audit all logs related to file access and sharing. Protect enterprise data using encryption, remote lock and wipe, jailbreak detection, and password enforcement.
- Complete on-premise solution – Allow your IT department to maintain total control of security, SLAs, backups, upgrades and more.
- Access controls – Invite internal and external users with defined permissions to view, add, edit or share content; apply policies to restrict file sharing when needed. Streamline team contributions to data using version control and comments.