vCloud NFV Platform
VMware’s industry leading virtualization technology transforms the delivery of telecommunication services.
VMware vCloud NFV is a Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) services delivery, operations and management platform, developed for Communications Service Providers (CSPs) who want to reduce infrastructure CapEx and OpEx costs, improve operational agility and monetize new services with rapid time to market.
vCloud NFV has been proven in production with the world’s leading Communications Service Providers. This carrier-grade platform lets you choose the best cloud management platform for your individual environment, including OpenStack, vCloud and Container support.
Key Capabilities Deliver a Unique Combination of Business Benefits
- The only NFV platform proven in production today
- Minimizes risk during operational transformation
- Enables rapid time to market
- Minimizes deployment costs
- A common platform for multi-vendor, multi-domain services
- Maximizes customer choice with the broadest ecosystem of supported VNF vendors
- Supports a modular NFV deployment model to match investments with revenues and savings
- Most advanced set of integrated operational capabilities in the industry
- Transforms operations in support of service agility, visibility and manageability
- Ensures efficient and agile service operations
- Most widely deployed virtualization software globally
- Leverages existing cloud services expertise
- Largest pool of qualified cloud technicians globally
VMware Consultancy and Support Services
VMware professional and advisory services teams can assist customers in all phases of NFV deployment and operation, from evaluation and assessment through design, deploy, operate and support.
- Evaluation and Assessment Services: Help evaluate the business impact of NFV and establish the business case across multiple services and a phased deployment.
- Design Services: High and low level design and creation of platform blueprints.
- Deployment Services: Implementation and integration services to ensure all parties interoperate. Includes access to a solution validation lab.
Once deployed, operational support and handover services offer on-site engineers for initial platform management, onboarding and administration functions and handover to internal operations teams. Advanced support services meet the requirements for carrier grade support with enhanced engineering services that give you the confidence you need to fully realize the benefits of NFV in a multivendor environment.
VMware Ready for NFV
VMware Ready for NFV is a certification program that recognizes VMware VNF partners that have validated their solutions with the vCloud NFV platform.
VMware Ready for NFV certified partners will have completed a range of operability and interworking assessments in a dedicated accreditation facility and will have greater access to VMware product roadmaps and solution development strategies in order to ensure their solutions continue to maximize the potential of the underlying vCloud NFV platform.
Partner Solution: Elephant Talk
Achieve rapid deployment, operational flexibility and cost savings.
Virtualization is key
See how JOIN Experience was able to define the best possible infrastructure to provide flexible services and plan for growth.
IIJ chose vCloud NFV for Omnibus services
IIJ transformed to a cloud-based deployment of telecoms services using the multi-VNF capability of vCloud NFV