Virtualizing Oracle with VMware
Improve Scalability, Availability and Performance with Oracle Virtualization
Running Oracle databases on VMware vSphere gives you significant scalability, availability and performance benefits. Direct hardware costs can be reduced up to 50 percent by virtualizing database workloads. In addition, you'll see significant operational cost savings as your floor space, power and cooling needs are lowered without compromising on performance or manageability.
- Memory oversubscription to make more efficient use of physical RAM
- High performance "gang" scheduler to dynamically allocate resources to virtual machines
- Dynamic Resource Scheduler (DRS) to load balance virtual machines across a cluster
- Direct driver model with very high I/O throughput
- Support for large memory pages and nested/extended page tables
Get Full Support from Oracle
Oracle fully supports the virtualization of Oracle databases on VMware. To augment Oracle’s support document, VMware also has a total ownership policy for customers with Oracle issues. VMware Support will accept accountability for any Oracle-related issue reported by a customer. By being accountable, VMware Support will drive the issue to resolution regardless of which vendor (VMware, Oracle or others) is responsible for the resolution. In most cases, reported issues can be resolved via configuration changes, bug fixes or feature enhancements by one of the involved vendors.
Reduce Licensing Cost While Staying Compliant with Oracle Licensing Policies
Take advantage of license consolidation by deploying Oracle databases to VMware vSphere clusters. Learn more about
Oracle Certification, Support and Licensing for VMware Environments