VMware News Releases
Today VMware announced financial results for the first quarter 2014
Milan, April 24 2014 – VMware Reports First Quarter 2014 Results:
- Year-over-Year Revenue Growth of 14% to $1.36 Billion
- Year-over-Year Revenue Growth of 18% excluding Pivotal and divestitures in 20131
- GAAP Operating Margin of 17.7%; Non-GAAP Operating Margin of 31.1%
- GAAP EPS of $0.46; Non-GAAP EPS of $0.80, an increase of 9% year over year
“Our strong financial results reflect VMware’s unique position in helping customers transform their IT infrastructure,” said Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware. “As the industry shifts from client server computing to the mobile-cloud era, customers are choosing our solutions because we have the most complete vision and offering for navigating this evolving world.”
“We are pleased with our first quarter comparable revenue growth of 18% as customer adoption across our solutions and services continues to grow,” said Jonathan Chadwick, chief financial officer, VMware. “Our integration of AirWatch and our new product line-up provides customers with the strongest portfolio of products and services in the industry.”
Recent Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- In February, VMware welcomed over 4,000 attendees and more than 90 sponsors and exhibitors to participate in its annual Partner Exchange where partners heard Pat Gelsinger, Carl Eschenbach and Ben Fathi articulate VMware’s business strategy and technology value proposition and also learned about new program enhancements, competencies and a refreshed reward structure.
- Also at Partner Exchange, VMware announced that it joined forces with Google to modernize corporate desktops for the Mobile Cloud Era by providing businesses with secure, cloud access to Windows applications, data and Desktops on Google Chromebooks. Later in the quarter, VMware launched VMware Horizon™ DaaS to enable simple and flexible delivery of desktops in the cloud. More recently, VMware launched VMware Horizon 6, its end-user computing desktop offering, delivering published applications and virtual desktops on a single integrated platform.
- On February 24, VMware announced the completion of its acquisition of AirWatch, bringing the leading provider of enterprise mobile management and security solutions into VMware’s End-User Computing Business.
- VMware announced general availability of VMware vCloud™ Hybrid Service in Europe from a data center in Slough, UK. Complementing VMware's existing US data centers, the Slough data center provides customers with a European location that addresses UK and EU compliance and data sovereignty demands. Additionally, VMware launched vCloud Hybrid Service - Disaster Recovery, a unique hybrid-cloud-based service that provides a simple and affordable way for customers to protect their data centers.
- In March, VMware announced general availability of VMware Virtual SAN™, VMware's first software-defined storage product. Built directly into the VMware vSphere kernel, VMware Virtual SAN provides a new tier of hypervisor-converged storage and represents an important milestone as we build out our SDDC offerings.
VMware offre soluzioni per la virtualizzazione e per le infrastrutture cloud che consentono alle organizzazioni IT di guidare la crescita di aziende di ogni dimensione. Grazie alle caratteristiche e ai benefici della piattaforma di virtualizzazione – VMware vSphere® – le aziende si affidano a VMware per ridurre costi fissi e variabili, migliorare la flessibilità, garantire continuità di business, rafforzare la sicurezza e salvaguardare l’ambiente. Con un fatturato 2013 pari a 5,21 miliardi di dollari, oltre 500.000 clienti e 75.000 partner, VMware è leader di mercato nella virtualizzazione, che si conferma una delle priorità strategiche nell’agenda dei CIO. VMware ha sede nella Silicon Valley con uffici in tutto il mondo. Per maggiori informazioni: www.vmware.it.