Hitachi Data Systems and VMware Virtualization
Hitachi Data Systems provides industry-leading solutions for VMware environments that enable customers to build a highly integrated, predictable, adaptable and cost-effective virtualized data center and cloud infrastructure. Our solutions are engineered for VMware and offer unparalleled availability, exceptional performance, maximum scalability and streamlined management. This enables you to save money, lower risk and grow with confidence.
Our most popular solutions for VMware include:
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) for VMware vSphere, with Hitachi Unified Compute Platform Director software family. Hitachi UCP represents the next generation of converged and hyper-converged infrastructure solutions ranging from enterprise grade infrastructure to hyper-converged infrastructure appliances. The solutions in the UCP family provide unmatched reliability, flexibility, automation and performance to support your full range of enterprise workloads. With UCP, you can can deploy applications quickly and scale the underlying infrastructure to meet critical needs whenever and wherever business demands change.
- Hitachi Command Suite (HCS). Simplify compute and storage management and lower costs with our advanced suite of IT management software. HCS offers a single management pane across all Hitachi products (SAN, NAS and compute) that simplifies and automates management tasks to streamline a business application’s availability, performance and access to its critical data. HCS also provides key integrations into VMware vCenter, and vRealize Operations (vROPS).
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP). Every flash-accelerated VSP system is designed for maximum performance, resiliency and storage virtualization so you can scale your entire VMware environment and simplify operations by consolidating all of your storage under a single software-defined infrastructure.. VSP is the only enterprise storage platform in the industry that offers 3D scaling of resources, fully native VMware integrations, including Virtual Volumes (VVols), Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vRealize Operations (vROPS), Metro Storage Cluster, and block storage virtualization that extends features to more than 100 different models of storage arrays.
- Hitachi NAS Platform (HNAS). Reduce complexity and lower your total cost of ownership by supporting more robust storage infrastructures with fewer nodes. HNAS is an extremely compact, enterprise-class network-attach storage (NAS) that enables you to scale up to 16PB with nearly unlimited snapshots for unmatched performance, efficiency and capacity, and data protection. HNAS offers fully native VMware integrations, including Virtual Volumes (VVols), Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vRealize Operations (vROPS), Metro Storage Cluster, and file virtualization that extends global namespace and storage features to any NFS, or S3 compatible file system.
- Hitachi Compute Blade family. Lower your total cost of ownership through improved virtual machine density and increased resiliency. The Hitachi Compute Blade family are simple, flexible and highly reliable blade servers that are ideal for consolidation, whether your needs are enterprise-class (CB2500) or at the edge and application tier of the data center (CB500). With fully native VMware integrations, including vRealize Orchestrator, vRealize Operations (vROPS), and VMware Log Insight, the Hitachi Compute Blade Family enables simplified provisioning and automation.
For information about the full range of Hitachi solutions engineered for VMware environments, please visit the Hitachi marketplace on the VMware Solutions Exchange (VSX).