vFabric Suite is a lightweight, scalable, integrated middleware suite for data-intensive custom applications, whether on-premise or in the cloud. Optimized for the open source Spring Framework which is used by more than 50% of Java developers worldwide, vFabric is ideally suited for VMware vSphere virtual infrastructure, physical infrastructure, and Amazon EC2 and provides a clear pathway to the cloud for your custom applications.
- Reduce time to market via Spring Framework integration
- Bring benefits of virtualization to application middleware
- Easily provision & scale out application infrastructure
vFabric Suite Components
vFabric tc Server – Java application server
vFabric Suite includes a full range of components to build, run and mange modern data-intensive applications on-premise and in the cloud.
- Unparalleled visibility into the performance of Spring Java applications with Spring Insight.
- Lower memory and disk footprint, allowing for greater server consolidation ratios.
- Fast startup times and straightforward configuration, enabling faster provisioning and scale out of application instances.
- Secure remote configuration of servers and applications via web UI and command line.
- Advanced diagnostics including advanced error reporting and application thread lock detection and alerting.
Learn more about this 100% Tomcat compatible enterprise application server.
vFabric Elastic Memory for Java – Java memory pooling
vFabric Elastic Memory for Java (EM4J) enables memory to be shared dynamically among Java virtual machine (JVM) instances without sacrificing performance.
- Automatically allocate Java heap memory to JVMs that need it most
- Deploy more of application server VMs on each vSphere host, increasing server consolidation
- Reduce the likelihood of out-of-memory errors that can cripple your applications
vFabric Web Server – HTTP Server
vFabric Web Server is a commercial version of Apache HTTP Server, the most widely used web server, and provides high performance, scalability and security while reducing the cost and complexity of web infrastructure.
- Reduced time spent on deployment and maintenance
- Higher performance than standard Apache httpd
- Better security with less effort
Learn more about secure, scalable web infrastructure with vFabric Web Server.
vFabric GemFire Application Cache Node – Session & Hibernate Cache
vFabric GemFire Application Cache Node caches frequently accessed data in-memory at the application server and shares it across all application server instances.
- Increase the speed and scalability of Spring Java applications
- HTTP session management caching for Tomcat and vFabric tc Server and Apache Tomcat, to eliminate network and disk latency incurred when accessing data from traditional databases
- L2 Caching for Hibernate, to increase Hibernate performance, reduce database bottlenecks, and support cloud-scale deployment
- Spring integration and simplified APIs to enable caching with only a few lines of code
Learn more about high performance data management with GemFire.
vFabric SQLFire Professional Edition – In-memory distributed SQL database
vFabric SQLFire Professional Edition is a memory-optimized distributed SQL database delivering dynamic scalability and high performance for data-intensive modern applications.
Learn more about SQLFire – speed, scale and SQL.
- Lowered database TCO and increased agility within vSphere environments
- Elastic database memory to share database memory pools rather than over-provisioning
- Smart configuration to reduce tuning time after resizing virtual machines
- Leverage existing standard PostgreSQL tools
vFabric RabbitMQ – Application Message Server
vFabric RabbitMQ lets you speed up, scale out, and integrate your applications with an efficient, highly scalable, and easy-to-deploy queuing software that makes handling message traffic virtually effortless.
- Integrate applications, even those based on different languages and technologies
- Increase application scalability by decoupling application tiers, and by distributing work among many application servers
- Support for a full range of messaging protocols, including AMQP, HTTP, and more
- Clustered deployment for high performance and high availability
Learn more about RabbitMQ – messaging that just works.
vFabric Application Director – Automated application provisioning
vFabric Application Director accelerates and automate the configuration and deployment of multi-tier applications. Application Director is optimized for vFabric components, and is extensible to other components that may be a part of your Spring application.
- Reduce time to market for new applications by shortening application configuration and provisioning times
- Integrated with cloud infrastructure provisioning tools like VMware vCloud Director
- Extensible approach to support a wide range of application infrastructure components
- Automatically publishes deployment changes to vFabric Application Performance Manager, reducing time spent re-configuring monitoring systems.
vFabric Hyperic – Application Monitoring for Web Applications
- Auto-discover over 120 popular middleware and applications instantly, complete with pre-configured best practice collection for key performance indicators (KPIs) to accelerate monitoring setup.
- Complete run-book deployment automation, including the ability to copy and reuse monitoring configurations and alert policies, to bring resources under management in under a minute.
- Comprehensive monitoring for performance, configuration and security changes correlated in an easy to read user interface to enable quick root cause analysis (RCA).
- Advances alerting and escalation workflows let you reduce alert duplication, irrelevant alerts, and false alarms by setting precise alert condition definitions on a wide range of performance metrics, and can trigger both email notifications and automated control actions for "hands-free" resolution of common problems.
- Administrative actions such as restarting servers or running garbage collection can be scheduled to run daily, weekly or monthly. They can also run in response to an alert condition, or manually performed via Hyperic’s web interface. Learn more about reducing resolution times with automated problem remediation.
Learn more about vFabric Hyperic