Improve IT Management and Control while Increasing End-User Satisfaction and Productivity
Centralize application management in the post-PC era with VMware Horizon Application Manager. Unify management of any SaaS, web and Windows applications through the Horizon Application Catalog and securely deliver applications to end-users on the device of their choice, increasing user's flexibility while reducing costs. Give end-users easy on-demand access to their applications on their preferred devices whenever they need them, increasing productivity and simplifying the overall experience.
Horizon Application Manager allows IT to centralize, standardize and secure policy-based management for all SaaS, Enterprise Web and Windows applications. With a virtual appliance-based solution for on-premise and private cloud configurations, Horizon Application Manager deployment is simplified and accelerated. The appliance allows for a faster time to value with both reduced deployment time and costs, and non-disruptive patches and updates. Management includes:
- The Horizon Administrator console reduces IT operational costs by delivering a single integrated, web-based platform to streamline end-user and application management, and apply IT policy and reporting. The Administrator allows you to quickly deploy and remove access to applications and apply easier end-user entitlements. It gives IT the ability to automate workflows to streamline service requests and approvals. The reporting tools give IT a birds-eye view of all application usage making it easier to monitor on user activity.
Horizon Policy Manager
- With granular policy control, administrators have the ability to easily define policies and enable secure, controlled access based on context such as location, connectivity and device type. Easily apply policy-based security controls for users and groups.
Horizon Enterprise Connector
- Supports end-user authentication and single-sign on through your existing directory services, leveraging profiles and policies without exposing user credentials, making changes or disrupting existing directory architectures allowing a secure federated single sign-on to the cloud. Also allows integration with multi-factor authentication controls to improved security measures.
- Now included with Horizon Application Manager, ThinApp simplifies Windows applications management and reduces the cost and complexity of delivery. This agentless application virtualization solution isolates applications from their underlying operating systems and from other applications to eliminate application conflicts. Through Horizon Application Manager, organizations can streamline the delivery and management of ThinApp applications to end-users.
Improved End User Experience
Optimize end-user productivity with personalized workspaces to multiple devices anytime, anywhere.
- Provides a single workspace available across all platforms, delivering a consistent end-user experience with secure single sign-on access to applications on the devices end-users prefer, anytime, anywhere. The device aware workspace takes the guesswork out of the end-user experience, presenting the applications they need on the devices they have.
IT can customize the end-user store allowing automated approval requests application access or automatically make an application available on-demand.
Horizon's flexible architecture lets you standardize on a single management platform scalable to a single or multitenant organization. Horizon also offers extensibility for integration with third party systems for reporting, workflows and user provisioning.
- Horizon Operator gives multi-tenant manage control to you, effectively making you a hosted management solution for your enterprise. It delivers a “super user” management console for the operator across multiple organizations with a single instance of the service. Operators are able to create, manage and report across organizations while creating role-based administrators within organizations.
Horizon Extension Services
- Delivering APIs to enable the integration of Horizon data into existing systems and processes enable Horizon to extend the value of existing investments. Easily integrate into existing workflow or reporting systems and bring the added insight from Horizon into the organization.