Improve utilization of virtual infrastructure with accurate visibility into the true costs of virtualized workloads. Enable line-of-business owners to have full cost transparency and accountability for self-service resource requests.
VMware vCenter Chargeback Manager allows rate cards and prices to be customized to the process and policies of different organizations. Virtual machine resource consumption data is collected from VMware vCenter Server ensuring the most complete and accurate tabulation of resource costs. Integration with VMware vCloud Director enables automated chargeback for private cloud environments, integration with vCOPs enables you to cost your capacity and finally the integration with ITBM enables you to push your true usage for overall IT Planning and Costing.
Increase Visibility for Virtual Infrastructure and Publish into Bill of IT
Understand the true cost of your private cloud to drive better utilization of resources and IT budgeting. Empower line of business users to be fully accountable for the virtual machines that are requested. Take these costs and push into ITBM solutions to develop a fully loaded fact based Bill of IT.
Deliver Chargeback as Part of Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Allow the business to understand the cost of deploying and maintaining business services
- Eliminate the perception that virtual machines are “free”
- Integrate with existing IT Financial Management (or IT Business Management) or complete cost visibility across physical and virtual resources
Gain Visibility into Software Driven Data Center Costs
- Configure base costs, fixed costs, one-time costs, multiple rate factors, and overage fees to model true rates associated with virtual machines
- Track costs and rates for power, cooling, real estate, software licenses, and maintenance associated with virtual infrastructure deployments
- Maintain reusable cost templates that allow the process of adding rate cards to VM’s to be standardized
Improve Cloud Resource Utilization with Cost Visibility
- Schedule and distribute reports on a periodic basis to communicate usage and costs to business owners
- Drive better decision making and planning for infrastructure budget requirements with capacity integration
- Optimize the use of shared cloud infrastructure
Integration with Operations Management
- See the true cost of capacity with strong integration with VMware vCenter Operations Suite
- Integrate and run scenario planning in VMware vCenter Operations Suite to make informed capacity planning decisions
- Run optimization scenarios and eliminate waste of expensive capacity
Integration of Cloud Cost with ITBM
- Push rate card information and actual usage into ITBM cost model
- Use ITBM connector to have seamless integration with IT Financial Management offering
- Collect costing data and push into IT Business Management Suite for detailed cost analysis and budgeting for true picture of IT Operations