Control and manage remote servers and desktops from a central location
Remote sites such as regional offices, retail stores and bank branches present unique challenges for IT organizations. Management complexity, inadequate infrastructure and a lack of administrative resources can make it difficult for companies to deliver consistent and scalable IT services to their remote offices in a timely manner. Virtualization is a great way to address these issues, and VMware offers solutions for remote and branch office management that will help you:
- Simplify IT management and accelerate provisioning of remote systems
- Ensure always-on availability and recover quickly from disasters
- Reduce IT hardware and operating costs for servers and desktops
Domande? +39 02 3041 2700
" We used to face a significant challenge in the delivery of new systems to remote offices, due to the lack of infrastructure flexibility, remote management tools and local IT staff. Thanks to VMware, we are now able to manage servers at six remote locations from a central point."— Nick Lain, Systems Engineer, Engen
More than one-third of business applications today reside outside the data center in remote locations.
These physical servers and desktops have traditionally been hard to manage, difficult to protect, and costly to maintain, for a variety of reasons:
- Lack of local IT: New servers must be provisioned and shipped from headquarters, causing lengthy turnaround times for remote IT requests. The need for central IT staff to troubleshoot results in costly support trips and extended downtime, directly impacting business.
- Lack of standardization: Inconsistent hardware platforms make it difficult for central IT staff to support legacy applications, perform routine upgrades and maintenance, or meet rising demand for new applications in branches.
- Limited space: Remote sites are rapidly running out of space to accommodate new servers, and existing physical hosts at these sites are not efficiently utilized.
- Limited budget: Limited IT budget makes it prohibitive to invest in specialized business continuity solutions or redundant hardware for remote sites, and affordable options (like tape backup) are error-prone, labor intensive to maintain, and susceptible to theft or loss.
Transform your remote desktop management for retail and branch office IT infrastructures
By extending VMware® beyond the data center, organizations gain increased visibility and control over IT resources in remote locations. VMware virtualization solutions deliver significant benefits for remote offices and branch offices (ROBO):
- Agility: Streamlined management and rapid provisioning from a single pane of glass;
- Reliability: Improved service levels, availability, data protection, and platform security;
- Efficiency: Lowered IT hard ware and operational costs with consolidation, centralization, and standardization.
VMware provides a standardized deployment platform that reduces the cost and complexity of branch office management while delivering higher levels of flexibility, availability, and data protection.