Why Choose VMware
VMware IT Cost Management: Get the Lowest TCO
When you compare costs of different virtualization platforms, look at the big picture -- not just your upfront costs. Include both the capital expenses and the ongoing operational expenses in your calculations. How many servers and how many software licenses do you need to buy? In addition, look to see how your operational costs will be affected. VMware ® vSphere with Operations Management lets you improve the efficiency of your staff so you can support more servers per IT admin.
VMware lets you achieve a very high virtual machine density with technological innovations such as:
- Memory oversubscription - Make more efficient use of physical RAM through page sharing, reclaiming unused memory and memory compression
- DRS with resource pools - Dynamically load balance virtual machines across a cluster
- High performance scheduler - Dynamically allocate CPU and I/O resources
- Direct driver model - Deliver high I/O throughput
- Logical resource pools - Divide host clusters into pools of CPU, memory, networking and storage resources and assign pools to business units
IT Operational Automation and Storage Management Saves Administrator Time
Automating manual processes and simplifying administrative tasks with VMware reduces the time IT administrators are required to spend maintaining your infrastructure. Key innovations include:
- Standardized host configurations with Host Profiles
- Automated host provisioning with Auto Deploy
- Automated virtual network provisioning with vSphere Distributed Switch
- Automated server load balancing with DRS and DPM
- Deploy and manage offloaded anti-virus solutions with vShield Endpoint
- Centrally manage and protect virtual machines with vSphere Replication
- Reduce diagnostics and problem resolution time with self-learning analytics and smart alerts
Our innovations include integrated storage management features, eliminating the need for manual storage management.
- Automated workload balancing with Storage DRS
- Intelligent storage selection with Profile-Driven Storage
- Cluster-wide prioritization of storage I/O with Storage I/O Control
- Improve capacity utilization and consolidation ratios with vSphere with Operations Management monitoring and optimization features
VMware's integrated approach to Operational Management reduces Operational Expenses
VMware’s cloud management platform simplifies and automates operations of heterogeneous environments and hybrid clouds.
vSphere with Operations Management delivers an integrated approach to operations management, converges disciplines, unifies teams and automates time consuming manual processes for maximum agility, resource utilization and operational efficiency by providing –
- Automated correlation of monitoring data and root cause analysis enable early warning smart alerts and reduce overall alert volume.
- Actionable recommendations provide in-context guidance and best practices on remediation actions.
- Automated workflow triggers enable administrators to associate workflows created in vCenter Orchestrator with vCenter Operations alerts. For example, these workflows can be used to automatically delete old VM snapshots when available capacity falls below a critical threshold or to add resources when workload demands are rising above normal. Automated workflows help lengthen mean time to incident (MTTI) and reduce mean time to resolution (MTTR).
- Automated capacity optimization reclaims overprovisioned capacity, increases resource utilization and eliminates the need for spreadsheets or complex scripts. Wizard-based "What If" scenarios facilitate capacity optimizations and help defer unnecessary hardware investments.
- Automated detection, enforcement and remediation of security hardening guidelines, configuration standards and regulatory requirements across virtual and physical infrastructure and operating systems.
- Approximately 40% better capacity utilization; and 37% higher consolidation ratios which translate directly into TCO savings for customers.
Third Party Validation: VMware has Lower Operational Expenses
Principled Technologies compared the operational expenses of VMware and Microsoft and found 91 percent lower operational expenses using vSphere and vCenter Site Recovery Manager. Register to download the full study.
Choose VMware and get started on the most trusted virtualization platform for running business critical applications at the lowest TCO.