IT Solutions for Transforming Government
Begin a New Era in Government IT
VMware solutions are transforming government IT departments into efficient, flexible enterprises that can respond faster to business and mission requirements, while reducing IT infrastructure and operating costs and improving security. With our virtualization, mobility and cloud solutions, government customers are able to:
- Reduce capital costs by decreasing the physical footprint of IT and leveraging existing investments in applications and infrastructure.
- Improve application availability and performance while running in the cloud, on-premises or both.
- Drive higher service and performance levels through automation.
Improve Service with Virtualization
IT consolidation, shared services and virtualizing data centers have yielded significant savings for many government agencies while providing increased management, security and operational efficiencies. Moving to virtual desktops and applications has similarly allowed IT organizations to streamline management, improve end-user services and significantly reduce operational expenses. Avoid the pitfalls of over-investment or under-investment in IT while protecting your legacy IT investments. Rely on VMware virtualization solutions to:
- Reduce data center and capital costs by as much as 60 percent.
- Cut the operating expenses around your end-user computing environment by up to 50 percent.
- Reduce time spent on routine administrative tasks by about a third.
- Reduce power, cooling and real estate needs to cut energy costs by up to 80 percent.
Operate More Efficiently and Respond to Changes Faster
Caught between shrinking budgets and a growing need for services, government IT departments need a more flexible and cost-effective model for computing—one that allows them to operate more efficiently and respond faster to mission and business requirements. Cloud computing is helping government contain costs by sharing services and infrastructure and improving flexibility.
VMware vCloud® Government Service provided by Carpathia™, is an enterprise-class hybrid cloud service that provides a seamless extension of on-premises infrastructure to the cloud with application and data mobility, all while retaining control of existing resources, processes and tools with the assurance of security standards and certifications including FedRAMP provisional authority to operate (P-ATO). Because vCloud Government Service is designed to run new and existing applications in exactly the same way, government organizations don’t need to invest time rewriting applications and reconfiguring systems; instead they can simply leverage their existing investments to use cloud services and operate more efficiently.
Learn more about the vCloud Government Service.