The VMware Foundation is focused on providing a platform for our employees to contribute back to and make a difference in the communities in which we work and live. We accomplish this goal primarily through global programs designed to amplify the personal commitments and contributions made to the organizations and causes closest to our people’s hearts.
- Service Learning: All employees are granted five days of paid time away from work to experience a powerful exchange of value by volunteering their time, and talent to contribute something back.
- Milestone Awards: Celebrating people’s time with VMware with employee-led donations at Day 1, Year 1 and Year 12.
- Charitable Gift Matching: All employees can make financial contributions to the charitable organizations of their choice and request a match from the VMware Foundation to double the impact of their gift.
- Disaster Relief: When disaster strikes, the VMware Foundation initiates special campaigns where we match our employees’ donations to relief efforts.
- Group Gigs & Grants: Employees can form teams to use their skills and talents to tackle a gnarly problem with a nonprofit and the VMware Foundation will make a financial investment to support the capacity-building project.
The VMware Foundation also puts our industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization products and services in the hands of organizations and causes that provide a social benefit.
At this time, the VMware Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant or sponsorship proposals and is unable to respond to general funding inquiries.