Virtualization technology increases efficiency in your data center by enabling today's x86 servers to run multiple operating systems and applications. Workloads get deployed faster, performance and availability increases and operations become automated, resulting in IT that's simpler to manage and less costly to own and operate.
VMware virtualization solutions are built on VMware vSphere® with Operations Management™, the leading virtualization and cloud management platform.
- Reduce capital and operational costs by increasing energy efficiency and using less hardware with server consolidation.
- Enhance business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities for your virtualized infrastructure.
- Virtualize business critical applications and databases (Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP HANA, SAP Sybase, SAP Business Suite, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SAP) for the highest SLAs and top performance.
- Gain policy-based automation and ensure compliance and performance with a zero-touch infrastructure using VMware vRealize™ Operations™ for virtualization management.
- Learn why the Software-Defined Data Center is the best and most efficient cloud infrastructure solution.
Abstracting the operating system and applications from the physical hardware gives you a more cost-efficient, agile and simplified server environment. Using server virtualization, multiple operating systems can run on a single physical server as virtual machines, each with access to the underlying server's computing resources.
Most servers operate at less than 15 percent of capacity, leading to server sprawl and complexity. Server virtualization addresses these inefficiencies. VMware vSphere offers a complete server virtualization platform that delivers:
- 80 percent greater utilization of server resources
- Up to 50 percent savings in capital and operating costs
- 10:1 or better server consolidation ratio
Learn more about server consolidation.
Network virtualization is the complete reproduction of a physical network in software. Virtual networks offer the same features and guarantees of a physical network with the operational benefits and hardware independence of virtualization—rapid provisioning, nondisruptive deployment, automated maintenance, and support for both legacy and new applications. Network virtualization presents logical networking devices and services—logical ports, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs and more—to connected workloads. Applications run on the virtual network exactly the same as if on a physical network.
Learn more about network virtualization.
Deploying desktops as a managed service gives you the opportunity to respond quicker to changing needs and opportunities. You can reduce costs and increase service by quickly and easily delivering virtualized desktops and applications to branch offices, outsourced and offshore employees and mobile workers on iPad and Android tablets.
VMware desktop solutions are scalable, consistent, fully secure and highly available to ensure maximum uptime and productivity.
Learn more about desktop virtualization.
In order to maintain QoS and SLA for Tier 1 business applications in virtual environments, IT organizations must focus on the virtualization components of the project, the management and monitoring of virtualized business applications, and on maintaining corporate guidelines for business continuity and disaster recovery.
With the VMware Tier 1 Application Virtualization solution built on VMware vCloud Suite®, you can enhance the quality of IT services delivered, while simplifying your infrastructure, maximizing efficiency and eliminating costly over-provisioning.
Learn more about application virtualization.
Huge data volumes and real-time applications are pushing storage demands to new levels. As the leader in hyper-converged software-defined storage for virtual environments, VMware Virtual SAN™ applies the principles of VMware's Software-Defined Data Center to storage by abstracting the disks and flash drives inside your servers, combining them into high-performance storage pools, and delivering them as software. Virtual SAN offers simplified, policy-based provisioning, and it’s integrated with the vSphere web client, so you can easily manage both compute and storage through a single interface.
- Significantly improve storage resource utilization and flexibility.
- Simplify OS patching and driver requirements, regardless of storage topology.
- Increase application uptime and simplify day-to-day operations.
- Leverage and complement your existing storage infrastructure.
Learn more about storage virtualization.