Virtualize Your IT Infrastructure. Virtualization enables today's X86 computers to run multiple operating systems and applications, making your infrastructure simpler and more efficient. Applications get deployed faster, performance and availability increase and operations become automated, resulting in IT that's easier to implement and less costly to own and manage.
Simplify your IT infrastructure with proven virtualization solutions built on VMware vSphere® with Operations Management™, the industry's leading virtualization and cloud management platform.
VMware virtualization helps you reduce capital expenses through server consolidation and reduce operating expenses through automation, while minimizing lost revenue by reducing both planned and unplanned downtime.
- Reduce capital and operational costs by increasing energy efficiency and requiring less hardware with server consolidation.
- Enhance business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities for your virtualized infrastructure through improved and simplified disaster recovery solutions with VMware vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™.
- Virtualize Tier 1 business critical enterprise applications, including databases (Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP HANA, SAP Sybase), business applications (SAP Business Suite, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SAP), and deliver the highest SLAs and top performance.
- Gain policy-based automation and ensure compliance and performance with a zero-touch infrastructure using VMware® vRealize™ Operations™ for virtualization management.
- Learn why the software-defined data center is the best and most efficient cloud infrastructure solution.
Server virtualization unlocks today’s traditional one-to-one architecture of x86 servers by abstracting the operating system and applications from the physical hardware, enabling a more cost-efficient, agile and simplified server environment. Using server virtualization, multiple operating systems can run on a single physical server as virtual machines, each with access to the underlying server's computing resources.
Most servers operate less than 15 percent of capacity; not only is this highly inefficient, it also introduces server sprawl and complexity. Server virtualization addresses these inefficiencies.
VMware vSphere offers a complete server virtualization platform that delivers:
- 80 percent greater utilization of server resources
- Up to 50 percent savings in capital and operating costs
- 10:1 or better server consolidation ratio
Network virtualization is the complete reproduction of a physical network in software. Virtual networks offer the same features and guarantees of a physical network, yet they deliver the operational benefits and hardware independence of virtualization—rapid provisioning, nondisruptive deployment, automated maintenance, and support for both legacy and new applications.
Network virtualization presents logical networking devices and services—logical ports, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs and more—to connected workloads. Applications run on the virtual network exactly the same as if on a physical network.
You can create a highly scalable network fabric that provides greater levels of operational efficiency and agility, faster provisioning, troubleshooting and cloning, with monitoring, QoS, and security all backed by VMware network virtualization software.
VMware NSX™ is the world's leading network and security virtualization platform providing a full-service, programmatic and mobile virtual network for virtual machines, deployed on top of any general purpose IP network hardware.
VMware NSX exposes a complete suite of simplified logical networking elements and services including logical switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, monitoring and security.
Deploying desktops as a managed service gives you the opportunity to respond quicker to changing needs and opportunities. You can reduce costs and increase service by quickly and easily delivering virtualized desktops and applications to branch offices, outsourced and offshore employees and mobile workers on iPad and Android tablets.
VMware desktop solutions are scalable, consistent, fully secure and highly available to ensure maximum uptime and productivity.
In order to maintain QoS and SLA for Tier 1 business applications in virtual environments, IT organizations must focus on the virtualization components of the project, the management and monitoring of virtualized business applications, and on maintaining corporate guidelines for business continuity and disaster recovery.
With the VMware Tier 1 Application Virtualization solution built on VMware vCloud® Suite™, you can enhance the quality of IT services delivered, while simplifying your infrastructure, maximizing efficiency and eliminating costly over-provisioning.
Today, huge data volumes and real-time applications are pushing storage demands to new levels. Conventional storage systems are overwhelmed, and IT is looking for better alternatives. What's needed is a new approach to storage.
As the leader in hyper-converged software-defined storage for virtual environments, VMware Virtual SAN™ applies the principles of VMware's software-defined data center to storage: It abstracts the disks and flash drives inside your servers, combines them into high-performance storage pools, and delivers these as software. Virtual SAN offers simplified, policy-based provisioning, and it’s integrated with the vSphere web client, so you can easily manage both compute and storage through a single interface.
Storage virtualization technology provides a fundamentally better way to manage storage resources for your virtual infrastructure, giving your organization the ability to:
- Significantly improve storage resource utilization and flexibility.
- Simplify OS patching and driver requirements, regardless of storage topology.
- Increase application uptime and simplify day-to-day operations.
- Leverage and complement your existing storage infrastructure.