Infrastructure Virtualization and Management
Simplify your IT infrastructure as you create a more dynamic and flexible datacenter with VMware's proven server and datacenter virtualization solutions built on VMware vSphere, the industry’s leading virtualization platform. Ensure continued IT innovation while meeting enterprise application SLAs and increase time-to-market for application provisioning and upgrades.
VMware virtualization helps you reduce capital expenses through server consolidation and improve operating expenses through automation, while minimizing lost revenue by reducing both planned and unplanned downtime.
To achieve the same magnitude of benefits for the datacenter as a whole, virtualize your entire infrastructure: use VMware Cloud Suite to abstract, pool, and automate all datacenter resources—servers, storage, networking, security, and availability—and combine them with automated operations management and policy-based provisioning. The result is a Software-Defined Datacenter: an infrastructure platform that delivers the full efficiency and agility of cloud computing.
Get automated operations management for the new dynamic virtual infrastructures with VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite, so you can accelerate IT service delivery, improve operational efficiency, ensure compliance and reduce risk.
- Reduce costs by increasing energy efficiency and requiring less hardware with server consolidation.
- Build up business continuity through improved disaster recovery solutions and deliver high availability throughout the datacenter with VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Virtualize enterprise apps, including Oracle, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint and SAP, and deliver the highest SLAs and top performance.
- Gain policy-based automation and ensure compliance and performance with a zero-touch infrastructure using vCenter Operations Management Suite for virtualization management.
- Learn why the Software-Defined Datacenter is the best and most efficient cloud infrastructure solution
Why Choose VMware for your Virtualization
VMware virtualization solutions offer you many advantages. They are built on VMware vSphere, the world's most proven, robust, and reliable virtualization platform—the choice of more than 480,000 customers, including 100% of the Fortune 100. Our solutions cover the spectrum from desktop to datacenter, preserve your existing IT investments, and integrate with the management tools you already have. On top of all this, you'll enjoy the industry's lowest total cost of ownership.
Deploying desktops as a managed service lets you respond more quickly to changing needs and opportunities. You can reduce costs and speed service by quickly and easily delivering virtualized desktops and applications to branch offices, outsourced and offshore employees, and mobile workers on iPad and Android tablets. VMware desktop solutions are scalable, consistent, fully secure, and highly available to ensure maximum uptime and productivity.
- Streamline deployment and management by delivering desktops as a service.
- Provide secure remote access to teleworkers and temporary workers without sacrificing performance or security.
Virtualizing Enterprise Applications
Applications run better virtualized, and this is especially true for business-critical applications. With VMware vSphere, you can meet your service levels while simplifying your infrastructure, maximizing efficiency, and eliminating costly over-provisioning. You can even set up a standardized service catalog to provision applications on demand in minutes. Thousands of software providers strongly endorse and support deploying their applications on the vSphere platform, including Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, and IBM. See our full list of vendors.
- Double the performance of your Exchange
- Consolidate SQL on vSphere
- Virtualize Microsoft SharePoint
- Run Oracle databases, middleware and applications on vSphere
- Get hardware-free shared storage and management for virtualized applications
- Storage virtualization and management for virtual machines
Technical Virtualization Best Practices
Enabling virtualization throughout the IT infrastructure
VMware virtualization works with a wide variety of hardware and software, including storage, networking and security products. We are committed to an open standards-based approach to licensing and interoperability so you can use the solutions that best meet your needs without being locked in to specific vendors. Our Technical Resource Center gives you full details about the major components of the virtual infrastructure.
- Security and compliance are paramount to successful virtualization. The VMware platform provides you with better-than-physical security from the edge to the endpoint. Learn more about virtualization security.
- Virtual networking employs physical networking features, standards and principles. VLANs let you scale your traffic types yet maintain complete isolation on the same physical networking hardware. Learn more about virtual networking.
- Virtualizing storage enables high-performance access to shared storage resources and boosts the efficiency of storage arrays. Learn more about storage management for virtual machines.
- You can enhance application performance through a full understanding of virtualization best practices. Learn more about virtualization performance.