Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
Simple and reliable disaster recovery for all your applications
With traditional disaster recovery solutions, businesses have to figure out what their budget can support and make tough decisions about which applications will not be covered. This process has been simplified thanks to the virtualization of IT resources and the advent of disaster recovery offerings via private and public clouds. Disaster recovery solutions are now both easy to manage and affordable, allowing for increased disaster recovery protection for all applications.
- Private cloud disaster recovery
- Cloud-based disaster recovery as a service
- A dual approach to disaster recovery that leverages both private cloud and disaster recovery as a service.
VMware provides you with better flexibility to protect your business critical information in VMWare vSphere environments whether you choose to build your own solution or subscribe to disaster recovery services.
Private Cloud Disaster Recovery
For organizations that would like to build out their own private clouds for disaster recovery, VMware offers a portfolio of products that includes replication and disaster recovery orchestration, as well as software-defined storage to further simplify and reduce the costs of implementing a disaster recovery solution.
- VMware Virtual SAN brings the benefits of the software-defined data center to storage. By clustering server hard disk and solid state drives, Virtual SAN creates a flash-optimized, highly resilient shared datastore designed for virtual environments.
- VMware vSphere Replication is a flexible and easy-to-use replication technology that is configured and managed at the virtual machine level, making it storage independent and an enabler of data mobility between heterogeneous storage systems.
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager provides automated orchestration and non-disruptive testing of centralized recovery plans to simplify disaster recovery management for all your virtualized applications.
Disaster Recovery-as-a Service
Disaster recovery-as-a-service solutions allow you to avoid the costs of purchasing the infrastructure and software needed for a secondary or tertiary disaster recovery site and to pay for your disaster recovery solution out of your operating budget.
- VMware vCloud Air Disaster Recovery is a recovery-as-a-service solution owned and operated by VMware, that offers native cloud-based disaster recovery capabilities for vSphere environments. The service leverages vSphere Replication to provide robust, asynchronous replication capabilities at the hypervisor layer.
Disaster Recovery Your Way
See how to protect your business to fit your needs with disaster recovery-as-a-service or an on-premises solution from VMware.
Why Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery
Learn how cloud-based disaster recovery protects your production environment without the expense and management burden of replicating to a secondary site.
Read Info Brief
Virtual SAN for Disaster Recovery
Adding Virtual SAN to your DR solution lowers costs, streamlines management and provisioning, and provides an integrated solution for compute and storage layers.
Read Storage Blog