VMware® vRealize™ Hyperic® is a component of the VMware® vRealize™ Operations™. It monitors operating systems, middleware and applications running in physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Comprehensive Application Infrastructure Monitoring
- Auto-discover over 120 popular middleware and applications instantly, complete with pre-configured best practice collection for key performance indicators (KPIs) to accelerate monitoring setup.
- Complete run-book deployment automation, including the ability to copy and reuse monitoring configurations and alert policies, to bring resources under management in under a minute.
- Comprehensive monitoring for performance, configuration and security changes correlated in an easy to read user interface to enable quick root cause analysis (RCA).
- Understand availability, performance, utilization, events, logs, and changes across every layer of your virtualization stack, from vSphere hypervisor to guest operating system and applications.
Easy To Use and Extensible
- Hyperic’s dashboards and reports make it easy to demonstrate compliance with SLAs, operating level agreements (OLAs), and undermining contracts (UCs) to their respective owners and IT management.
- Universally extensible, vRealize Hyperic API aggregates all subsystem-specific functionality under one umbrella, providing a simple programming interface to all vRealize Hyperic features.
- Hyperic’s Plugin Framework lets you build your own plugins to manage practically any type of server that Hyperic doesn’t already support. Through this framework, Hyperic can discover, monitor, and control any application or device using a straightforward Java/XML API.
- Hyperic’s HQU Plugin framework lets you create custom user interfaces to present performance data to meet your organization’s specific needs. The HQU Framework extends the Hyperic user interface to automate routine processes and integrate Hyperic with other management systems. Written in Groovy, a dynamic scripting language for the Java Virtual Machine, HQU plugins can be shared and added to live environments without stopping or restarting the Hyperic Server.
Alerting and Remediation Workflows
- Advanced alerting and escalation workflows let you reduce alert duplication, irrelevant alerts, and false alarms by setting precise alert condition definitions on a wide range of performance metrics, and can trigger both email notifications and automated control actions for “hands-free” resolution of common problems.
- Role-based alerting lets you assign problems to appropriate specialist teams – app server, DBA, development, network admin, and so on while alert calendars allow for geographically distributed staff and 24x7 operations.
- Administrative actions such as restarting servers or running garbage collection can be scheduled to run daily, weekly or monthly. They can also run in response to an alert condition, or manually performed via Hyperic’s web interface.
- Streamline day-to-day operations, reduce the risk of human error or omission, and respond rapidly via remote control with Hyperic’s Control Actions, which automatically remediates problems across your datacenter.