VMware Academic Program
The VMware Academic Program (VMAP) is a comprehensive program designed specifically for the academic community. A nominal annual subscription fee of $250 enables qualifying academic users at VMAP member organizations worldwide to gain easy access to cutting-edge virtualization technology and resources.
Virtualizing Global Education & Research
The VMware Academic Program accelerates instruction and research in the rapidly expanding area of virtualized infrastructure by providing faculty and students with access to the virtualization technologies most widely used in commercial production environments.
- Faculty can use VMware software under specific usage guidelines in a variety of areas of academic research and classroom instruction.
- Students can use this software free of charge for one year with yearly renewals as part of qualified coursework or research projects.
To further enable academic research and instruction, the VMware Academic Program supports academic research and instruction by:
- Developing multi-level CS courseware modules pertaining to virtualization.
- Grants program members access to source code for ESX and Workstation products to qualifying research projects.
- Providing academic institutions and affiliated organizations special discounts on VMware software and support when deployed as a part of their IT infrastructure.
- Annually contributing to a wide variety of academic conferences, events, research projects, and consortia within the CS community.