The VMware IT Academy Program is an important component of VMware education programs. The academic institutions that agree to participate in the VMware IT Academy Program fulfill an important role in providing VMware education worldwide. These academic institutions operate as business alliances of VMware with an objective of delivering educational services to their students.
The VMware IT Academy Program is designed to introduce students to VMware technologies and equip them with VMware technical skills to compliment their chosen fields of study. VMware will provide selected academic institutions with course materials developed by VMware for this purpose. By instituting this program, VMware seeks to create a collaborative relationship with academic institutions whereby their students may obtain the VMware Certified Professional (VCP) status and other VMware certifications.
- Accredited, degree-granting higher education institutions worldwide offering 2- or 4- year college programs are eligible to participate in the program
- Technical schools offering accredited degrees through distance education programs are also eligible to participate in the program
The VMware IT Academy Program has been developed to introduce students to VMware technologies. It enhances students' experiences by Providing students access to:
- The latest VMware technologies
- High quality curriculum
- Course paths that lead to certification
- Courses that can be integrated into degree programs
- Web course access with content that supports the faculty led learning environment
The VMware IT Academy Program provides faculty with services and tools to support delivering a quality learning experience for students by providing faculty with:
- Access to web based courses for use in class preparation and class presentation
- Access to a secure web site with course set-up guides and lab files
- Authorization to purchase course materials directly from VMware's print vendor.
- Authorization to purchase certification vouchers directly from VMware's certification
Frequently Asked Questions
Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information before registering for the program.
Worldwide access to high quality educational content, certification potential and providing experience with VMware technologies.
Introduction to a new generation of users. Enables students to learn about VMware and opportunities to use VMware technologies.
Builds relationships with academic institutions and students.
Receive support from VMware and other institutions to enable inclusion of VMware technologies in their curricula, providing routes to VMware certifications.
Each VMware Academic Institution (“VAI”) is responsible for registering and invoicing students, and for acquiring Training Materials from VMware’s print vendor.