Solutions for Healthcare
AlwaysOn Point of Care
Care providers need 24x7x365 access to patient information from the right device, at the right time and from any location.
Whether rounding with an iPad, dictating patient notes in an office or using your personal Mac to review an image at home, access must be AlwaysOn and always secure.
VMware AlwaysOn Point of Care™ provides the flexibility for care providers to move seamlessly and securely between the devices and applications they need to deliver the most efficient provider and patient experience. Built on a validated platform designed for healthcare and tested with an ecosystem of healthcare and infrastructure partners, AlwaysOn Point of Care enables secure mobile delivery of patient care across inpatient, outpatient and community settings.
Care Provider Efficiency
Care providers are increasingly mobile, switching from device to device depending on their task and location. Providers are now mixing the use of Windows desktops and applications designed for tablets and smartphones to streamline clinical workflows and provide the best patient care possible. VMware solutions for healthcare enable:
- Secure access to patient information from anywhere on any device, including providers’ personal devices (BYOD)
- Secure collaboration of patient health information (PHI) through secure file sharing
- Use of Windows, Web and native mobile applications to fit the needs or workflow of the provider
- Desktops that follow providers across devices with the tap of a badge, enabling fast access to EMR, computerized physician order entry (CPOE) and electronic providing of controlled substances (EPCS) from any location
AlwaysOn Point of Care enables healthcare organizations to extend access, security and management from the datacenter to the point of care. Supported by major EMR vendors and infrastructure partners, AlwaysOn Point of Care is a tried and tested architectural blueprint for a highly available clinical environment. IT organizations can build on their existing VMware skillsets to:
- Enable a highly available clinical environment supported by major EMR and infrastructure partners
- Extend IT services and clinical applications easily to merged or acquired organizations
- Provide a secure, managed, consumer-like IT environment across any device that providers want to use
- Secure PHI in the datacenter — not on devices — to meet compliance requirements