Automated Provisioning for Applications in the Cloud
Accelerate and automate the configuration and deployment of multi-tier applications. VMware vFabric™ Application Director is a cloud-enabled application provisioning and maintenance solution that simplifies how to create and standardize application deployment topologies across cloud services. Application Director supports any application – even though it is optimized for vFabric based applications – and it allows deployment onto any cloud.
Starting with an intuitive drag-and-drop canvas, application architects can quickly create complete deployment blueprints—visual deployment topologies—that can be saved and later deployed onto any cloud with fine-grained control over installation dependencies, configuration changes and editable scripts. When combined with VMware vFabric Application Performance Manager, achieve Active Application Management for all applications deployed in virtualized and cloud environments.
Accelerated and Repeatable Application Provisioning:
- Graphical drag-and-drop canvas for creating application blueprints that makes planning and deploying complex applications easy.
- Self service provisioning.
- Re-usable best practice application architectures across teams, organizations and clouds.
- Comprehensive deployment execution plans to:
- Call out custom scripts to fix security related vulnerabilities during deployments.
- Assist in troubleshooting deployment failures.
- Ready to use out of the box Middleware best practice install and configurations services.
- Integrated app store providing easy access to hundreds of best practice application components and blueprints, development environments and business productivity applications.
- Optimized for vFabric Cloud Application Platform.
Any App on Any Cloud
- True separation between applications and infrastructure enables reusing the same blueprint on multiple virtual and hybrid cloud infrastructure (including Amazon EC2).
- Support any application stack – Packaged Applications (Including all Microsoft Apps), Custom applications – Java, .Net, Ruby and more.
- Open and extensible architecture provides enhanced flexibility to select your choice of scripting language (e.g Perl, Shell, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet).
Comprehensive Application Release Automation
- Simplified, accelerated build and release of applications by creating logical application blueprints leveraging pre-approved, standardized OS and middleware components.
- Simplified processes for ongoing application maintenance and upgrades (viz., execution of configuration, scale and code changes) as well for application retirement.
- Closed-loop system for autoscaling of applications in response to changing business needs.
- Pre-integrated with vFabric Application Performance Manager to bring new application rollouts or ongoing updates/changes under management. The integrated solution supports the emergence of DevOps teams in their journey to enable business innovation delivery through accelerated deployment.