VMware vFabric Postgres
Lower your database TCO while increasing agility in your vSphere and vFabric environments. VMware vFabric Postgres is an enterprise-class ANSI SQL relational database optimized for virtual environments. vFabric Postgres is fully compatible with the proven, open source PostgreSQL, enabling you to leverage existing, standard PostgreSQL tools.
- Get the proven, enterprise-class ANSI-SQL PostgreSQL database
- Achieve agility and efficiency by leveraging vSphere and vFabric optimizations at the database tier
- Trusted VMware support offering global 24/7 support to ensure maximum uptime
Go with a Proven Enterprise-Class Database
Leverage the benefits of the proven, enterprise-class PostgreSQL database with trusted VMware support. PostgreSQL has over 15 years of development history, a vibrant community and mission-critical enterprise implementations across industries. Customers can leverage all PostgreSQL tools and extensions with vFabric Postgres.
- Get all PostgreSQL 9.2 features
- Leverage existing PostgreSQL tools and clients
- vFabric Postgres fully interchangeable with open source Postgres
- Get 24/7 support from VMware specialists
Optimized for Virtual Deployment
Leverage the innovations of vSphere and vFabric to significantly increase agility and efficiency at the database tier. vFabric Postgres can be deployed as a Virtual Appliance or RPM for Linux for easy installation. The Smart Configuration capability makes vFabric Postgres ready to deploy out of the box and reduces the need for specialized PostgreSQL knowledge.
- Increase memory efficiency through vSphere-integrated elastic database memory
- Optimize database configurations using Smart Configuration over vSphere infrastructure
- Easy to use proprietary interface to help with database administration
Trusted VMware Support
VMware's support team offers global 24/7 support to handle the most critical issues. With a wealth of deep technical understanding and resources, customers are ensured to get fast response times to their most critical issues.
- Global support staff offers phone support with a full complement of resources including online documentation, technical resources, knowledge base and discussion forums
- VMware offers production and basic support
- Product updates and upgrades included for all active support customers