Ensure consistent, policy-based network capabilities to virtual machines across your data center with the Cisco Nexus 1000V, a pure software implementation of a Cisco Nexus switch. Cisco Nexus 1000V integrates with VMware vSphere to deliver VN-Link, virtual machine-aware network services.
Key features of Cisco Nexus 1000V
- Compatibility with vSphere and its major features (Storage vMotion, Fault Tolerance, HA, DRS, and Update Manager)
- Delivers Cisco NetFlow and ERSPAN functionality
- Flexible software upgrades—In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) for VSM and VEM
- Weighted Fair Queuing (s/w scheduler)—Similar function to vSphere Network I/O Control
- Scalability—Support for a large number of port profiles and vSphere hosts per switch
For more details, read the VMware vSphere Pricing, Packaging and Licensing Overview.