Rapidly deploy and provision cloud services across private and public clouds, physical infrastructures, hypervisors and public cloud providers with VMware vCloud Automation Center. vCloud Automation Center allows authorized users access to standardized IT services through a secure self-service portal, acting as a service governor and helping enforce business and IT policies throughout the service lifecycle.
Evolve existing infrastructure, including virtual desktop environments, into scalable cloud services in days so you can respond to business demands quickly and economically while realizing faster time-to-cloud value.
Cloud Self Service and Business Governance
Business-aware governance and controls within vCloud Automation Center allow users to apply their own way of doing business to the cloud without changing organizational processes or policies. Enterprises gain the flexibility needed for business units to have different service levels, policies and automation processes, as appropriate for their needs.
vCloud Automation Center also empowers users to request and manage their compute resources within established operational policies while cutting IT service delivery times from days or weeks to minutes.
- Cross-cloud storefront acting as a service governor that provisions workloads based on business and IT policies.
- User aware self-service portal – deliver a user appropriate catalog of IT services.
- Resource Reservations – allows resources to be allocated for use by a specific group and ensure resources are not inadvertently consumed by other groups.
- Service Levels – defines the amount and type of resources a given service can receive either during the initial provisioning or as part of any configuration changes.
- Build Specifications - contains the automation policies that specify the process for building or reconfiguring compute resources.
Infrastructure Provisioning and Lifecycle Management
vCloud Automation Center is a purpose built, enterprise proven solution for the delivery of private and hybrid cloud services. Based on a broad range of deployments of cloud and VDI environments, vCloud Automation Center’s helps to enable companies to rapidly demonstrate the greater business value of cloud deployments.
- Resource Governor places physical, virtual and cloud machines on the appropriate service tiers and load balances across available resources.
- Resource Utilization drives higher utilization by dynamically balancing available resources across groups It monitors utilization by group or user, and by reserved vs. used capacity.
- Resource Reclamation identifies and reclaims inactive and abandoned resources by automating the decommissioning and reuse of retired resources. Reclamation savings reports allow companies to quantify their cost savings.
- Integration with vCloud Director enables vCloud Automation Center to leverage virtual datacenter organizational policies and configuration of software defined services.
Purpose Built Flexibility and Extensibility
vCloud Automation Center is built to work with existing infrastructure.. It supports the differing requirements of an enterprise’s many business units and integrates with a wide variety of existing IT systems and best practices. vCloud Automation Center is compatible, or adaptable with existing IT infrastructure and processes by utilizing the following capabilities:
- Workflow designer –activities can be easily inserted into a workflow. Automatic error checking logic verifies that each activity’s parameters are configured correctly, further simplifying the customization process without code changes.
- Predefined workflow stubs –workflow stubs are inserted at various points in the machine lifecycle. These stubs simplify the process for adding activities to vCloud Automation Center’s standard lifecycle automation. Command stubs provide insertion points for adding new commands to existing machine menus or additional steps in the process automation.
- Activity library – contains predefined tasks that can easily be added to an existing vCloud Automation Center workflow. Custom parameters are specified through the graphical user interface and can be passed back-and-forth to these now-customized activities.
- Integration with vCenter Orchestrator – through the workflow designer, administrators can easily invoke vCenter Orchestrator workflows to extend lifecycle state transitions and machine command menus. Operations such as provisioning a virtual machine or adding storage capacity can now cover peripheral systems like CMDB, IP address management, load balancing, monitoring, and other management systems. As a result, the entire process can be automated without necessitating any manual cycles from overstretched IT Infrastructure or Operations teams.