Build a Flexible, Efficient Datacenter
vSphere with Operations Management combines the world’s leading virtualization platform with VMware’s award winning management capabilities. This new solution enables IT to gain operational insight into the virtual environment providing improved availability, performance, and capacity utilization. Run business applications confidently to meet the most demanding service level agreements at the lowest TCO.
- Features Overview
- vSphere ESXi Hypervisor
Distributed Resources Scheduler (DRS),
Distributed Power Management (DPM)
Leverage existing investments and manage antivirus and anti-malware policies for virtualized environments with the same management interfaces you use to secure physical environments. VMware vShield™ Endpoint strengthens security in VMware vSphere and Horizon View environments while improving performance for endpoint protection by orders of magnitude, offloading antivirus and anti-malware agent processing to a dedicated secure virtual appliance delivered by VMware partners.
- Improve consolidation ratios and performance by eliminating anti-virus "storms"
- Streamline antivirus and anti-malware deployment and monitoring in VMware environments
- Satisfy compliance and audit requirements through logging of antivirus and anti-malware activities
Offload Antivirus and Anti-Malware Functions
vShield Endpoint plugs directly into vSphere and consists of a hardened secure virtual appliance (delivered by VMware partners), a driver for virtual machines to offload file events and the VMware Endpoint Security loadable kernel module to link the first two components at the hypervisor layer.
- VMware Endpoint Security loadable kernel module manages communication between virtual machines and the secure virtual appliance, using introspection at the hypervisor layer
- Antivirus engine and signature files are only updated within the secure virtual appliance, but policies can be applied across all virtual machines on a vSphere host
- Protect antivirus security software from attack by having the antivirus and anti-malware client software in a hardened security virtual machine
- Pre-defined policies dictate whether a malicious file should be deleted, quarantined or otherwise handled
- vShield Endpoint driver manages file remediation activity within the virtual machine
Manage Policy and Configuration
- vShield Manager offers full-featured configuration of vShield Endpoint policies
- vCenter activates vShield capabilities on vSphere
- REST APIs available customized integration of vShield Endpoint capabilities
Use Role-Based Access for Logging and Auditing
- Logging based on syslog standard
- REST APIs and vShield Manager provide access to third-party logging and auditing tools.
- Administrator defines logging on/off for antivirus and anti-malware file activity such as scanning.