Horizon (with View)
Desktops and Applications Delivered Through a Single Platform
Deliver virtual or remoted desktops and applications through a single platform to streamline management, easily entitle end users and quickly deliver the Windows resources end users need, at the speed they require.
Horizon 6 now supports:
- Single platform for delivering hosted applications and desktops running Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services
Unified Workspace with Great User Experience
With Horizon 6, IT can deliver desktops and applications (inclusive of hosted RDS apps, packaged ThinApps, SaaS apps and even virtualized apps from Citrix) to end users through a unified workspace with Blast Performance to enable consistently great experiences across devices, locations, media, and connections.
- XenApp 5.0 and above, Microsoft hosted RDS apps and desktops for Windows Server 2008 and above, SaaS applications and packaged applications with ThinApp 5.0
Blast Performance includes:
- Blast Adaptive UX—Optimized access across the WAN and LAN through an HTML browser or our purpose-built desktop protocol PCoIP
- Blast Multi-media—High performance multi-media streaming for rich user experience
- Blast 3D—Rich virtualized graphics delivering workstation-class performance
- Blast Live Communications—fully optimized unified communications and real-time audio and video support. Horizon 6 now includes support for Microsoft Lync with Windows 8
- Blast Unity Touch—intuitive and contextual user experience across devices making it easy to run Windows on mobile
- Blast Local Access—Access to local devices, USB and device peripherals
- Horizon Clients for Blast—Unified client for consistently great experience across devices and locations
Central Image Management of Virtual, Physical and BYO Images
Centrally manage virtual, physical and BYO images to simplify operations, reduce costs, and maintain compliance. With Horizon (with View), IT can deliver Windows services at the speed end users expect with the efficiency business demands.
- Central image management is supported for physical desktops running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1
- Full-clone persistent virtual desktops running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1
- BYO devices running Windows, Linux, or Mac OS
Closed-Loop Management and Automation
Horizon 6 ensures that IT can consolidate control, automate delivery, and protect user computing resources.
Horizon 6 now includes support for:
Policy and Image Management
- Support for desktop and application provisioning and entitlement through View
- Support for Mirage unified image management for streamlined management across virtual datacenters of physical and full clone virtual machines
- A cloud pod architecture that allows IT to easily move and locate View pods across datacenters and sites
Analytics and Automation
- Cloud analytics with VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager for Horizon (with View)™ provides comprehensive visibility across a desktop environment, allowing IT to optimize the health and performance of desktop services.
Orchestration and Self-Service
Optimized for the Software-Defined Data Center
Horizon 6 extends the power of virtualization with virtual compute, virtual storage, and virtual networking and security to drive down costs, enhance the user experience, and deliver greater business agility.
Horizon 6 includes support for:
- Horizon with VMware vSphere delivers support for dedicated, shared and software- rendered 3D graphics
- Leverage native storage optimizations from vSphere including Space Efficient Disk Utilization, Virtual Array Integration and Storage Acceleration to drive down storage costs while delivering a superior user experience
- Virtual SAN automates storage provisioning and leverages direct- attached storage resources to drive down storage costs for desktop workloads.