Desktop and Applications Delivered Through a Single VDI Platform
Deliver virtual or remoted desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) platform to streamline management, easily entitle end users and quickly deliver the Windows resources end users need, at the speed they require. Provide full support for rich 3D graphics with VMware with NVIDIA GRID vGPU. Support printing, USB drives, smart cards, scanners and even HTML access to virtual desktops and hosted applications and desktops across more devices, including Google Chromebooks.
Linux and Windows Desktops
Support more use cases across your organization including task workers, mobile workers and developers with easy access to Windows as well as Linux-based desktops. Horizon now supports RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS and NeoKylin in addition to Microsoft Windows.
Unified Workspace with a Great User Experience
With Horizon 6, end users can access desktops and applications (including hosted RDS apps, packaged ThinApps, SaaS apps and even virtualized apps from Citrix) through a unified workspace with next-generation user experience across devices, locations, media and connections.
Workspace Environment Management
Consolidate, control, protect and automate delivery of user computing resources. Deliver and update apps in seconds with App Volumes. Easily monitor performance, set up proactive alerts and remediate infrastructure, desktops and applications to improve user experience and satisfaction.
Built on the Software-Defined Data Center
Powered by VMware’s Software Defined Data Center, Horizon 6 offers improved security, simplified operations and accelerated time-to-value, leveraging these core capabilities and solutions:
- VMware vSphere: Horizon comes bundled with vSphere Enterprise Plus edition- allowing you to achieve scalability, high availability and optimal performance for all of your desktop workloads.
- VMware Virtual SAN: Now supporting 4,000 desktops per cluster, Virtual SAN automates storage provisioning and leverages direct-attached storage resources to drive down storage costs for desktop workloads.
- Virtual Volumes: Virtual Volumes, VMware NAS and SAN storage systems simplify storage management and policy setting. Get the benefits of View Composer Array Integration (VCAI) on block storage and NFS to speed offloading for better SLAs and performance.
- NSX: VMware NSX with Horizon brings speed and simplicity to VDI networking with security policy that dynamically follows end users across infrastructure, devices and locations. Learn more about this solution and how to add VMware NSX to your Horizon deployment.
- Horizon additionally is optimized to run with VMware EVO:RAIL and EVO SDDC.
- EVO SDDC: EVO SDDC with Horizon delivers a turnkey hyper-converged infrastructure solution for desktop virtualization, with accelerated deployment, intelligent and persistent security for desktops and apps, and cost-effective performance that scales. Read the brief to learn more.
- EVO:RAIL: Leveraging Virtual SAN and the power of the SDDC, EVO:RAIL lets you cost-effectively and quickly transform physical desktops into secure virtual workspaces with a hyper-converged appliance that’s easier to procure, deploy, manage, and scale with consistently great performance as demand grows. Learn more about this solution.