Networking for the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC)
NSX reproduces in software the entire networking environment, including L2, L3 and L4–L7 network services within each virtual network. NSX offers a distributed logical architecture for L2–L7 services, provisioning them programmatically when virtual machines are deployed and moving them with the virtual machines.
- Create a flexible pool of network capacity that can be allocated, utilized and repurposed on demand.
- Decouple the network from underlying hardware and apply virtualization principles to network infrastructure.
- Deploy networks in software that are fully isolated from each other, as well as from other changes in the data center.
Security and Micro-segmentation
NSX brings an SDDC approach to network security, embedding security functions right into the hypervisor.
- Deliver micro-segmentation and granular security to the individual workload, enabling a fundamentally more secure the data center.
- Security policies travel with the workloads, independent of where workloads are in the network topology.
Agility and Streamlined Operations
NSX network virtualization lets you treat your physical network as a pool of transport capacity, with network and security services attached to workloads using a policy-driven approach. This automates networking operations and eliminates bottlenecks associated with hardware-based networks.
- Dramatically improve operational efficiency through automation.
- Reduce network and security provisioning time from days to seconds.
NSX abstracts networking from the underlying hardware and attaches networking and security policies to their associated workloads.
- Applications and data can reside and be accessible anywhere.
- Easily replicate entire application environments to remote data centers for disaster recovery.
- Move workloads from one data center to another, or deploy them into a hybrid cloud environment.
Platform for Advanced Networking and Security Services
NSX provides an extensible, distributed service platform that supports the concept of dynamic service chain to provide multiple platform integration points and automates the deployment, orchestration, and scale-out of partner services.
- Integrate enhanced security and advanced networking services from leading third-party vendors.
- Automate the delivery of network services and bridge the physical and virtual parts of the data center.