Deploy enterprise Linux in your VMware virtual machines for free. With SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware, customers can now increase the value of their vSphere purchases by getting access to an industry-proven Linux operating system inclusive of subscription to patches and updates at no cost. Additionally, they will also be able to obtain technical phone support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware directly from VMware for a seamless support experience.
Get the Power of Enterprise Linux with the Confidence of VMware vSphere
VMware vSphere is the industry-leading virtualization platform. Thousands of VMware customers are supporting business critical applications with confidence at the lowest possible total cost of ownership. With SLES for VMware, now the power of Enterprise Linux can be leverage in the virtual environment without any additional cost. SLES for VMware includes:
- Access to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware operating system iso file
- Free subscription to patches and updates to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware (unique to VMware)
- Ability to run as many virtual machines as you want per qualified vSphere host
Broadest Application Support
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, which SLES for VMware inherits supports the broadest ecosystem of applications, with more than 6,000 certified applications, including applications from SAP, Oracle, IBM, Symantec/Veritas, CA, BMC, PolyServe, Sybase, TIBCO, MySQL. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware is enterprise Linux operating system offered by VMware. It is based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2, an industry-proven Linux server operating system that is highly reliable, scalable, secure, and optimized to power high-performance mission-critical workloads.
Benefits of SUSE Linux for VMware
SLES for VMware builds on top of VMware vSphere to deliver the following benefits:
- Lower cost of ownership – SLES for VMware can be leveraged at no additional cost and comes with a free subscription to patches and updates.
- Efficient support – Streamline your support experience by receiving technical support for SLES for VMware directly from VMware.
- Enterprise-level capabilities – SLES for VMware delivers the proven reliability and high-performance of an enterprise Linux operating system, making it a great choice for running any mission-critical applications in a VMware vSphere environment.
- Broad application support – SLES for VMware provides the most extensive application support among any enterprise Linux operating with more than 5,000 applications certified, allowing you to run the applications that best suit your business needs.