vRealize Business (formerly IT Business Management Suite)
VMware vRealize Business offers transparency and control over IT costs, services and quality and automates manual processes.
vRealize Business provides transparency into costs of cloud environments and IT services. Infrastructure teams can understand the costs of supplying private and public cloud environments, while CIOs and IT executives can understand the costs of supplying IT services.
Business Management for Cloud
vRealize Business shows the cost of a virtual machine and utilization of shared resources to help you better manage demand, budget and CapEx/OpEx, driving accountability over cloud resources to lower TCO. Optimize your costs and sourcing across internal virtual infrastructure / private cloud and public cloud.
- Provides cost and usage visibility of virtual infrastructure / private cloud and public cloud with out of the box integration with VMware vCenter Server, vRealize Automation, and vCloud Director.
- Performs what-if analysis of virtual infrastructure / private cloud and public cloud, based on cost and utilization.
- Automatically prices the services available through self-service in a hybrid cloud.
- Provides out of the box benchmarks for cloud / virtual infrastructure environments, providing insight into capacity, costs and efficiency.
- Delivers common reporting and usage metering coverage for measuring, analyzing, reporting and invoicing based on usage across private and public cloud.
IT Financial Management
vRealize Business uses a deterministic engine and powerful modeler to allocate or translate IT costs, including physical and virtual systems, vendors, overhead, facilities, software and support, to each IT business service.
- View and analyze TCO and unit costs along with their breakdowns and trends for all IT services.
- Identify and show the top spenders and consumers of all IT services.
- Analyze key IT efficiency ratios and compare to industry benchmarks.
- Track actual versus planned and forecasted to capture variances.
- Prepare a bill of IT covering who consumed what IT services and resources.
- Spot ongoing potential cost saving strategies, such as potential for virtualization, consolidation, retirement or refresh, SLA reduction, and tiering.
vRealize Business's peer benchmarks provide objective evidence to indicate where your organization’s IT spending is today, where it could be in the future and what paths you need to take to improve.
VMware benchmark data enables you to discover where you stand and where you could better align IT capabilities and costs with enterprise goals and run IT more like a business. VMware IT Benchmarking is available as a standalone service via services engagements with VMware and select partners and benchmarking data can be viewed and analyzed within vRealize Business.
- Covers more than 3,500 benchmark measurements across 20 industries, 18 towers or domains and four geographies.
- Benchmarks cover items like hardware, software, infrastructure, personnel, applications, IT structure, costs and more.
- Data is less than 18 months old.
- Data can show relative differences (and similarities) with your peers and decile performers.
Service Quality Management
With vRealize Business’s service level management and vendor management capabilities, you can better understand the trade-off between cost and quality and run IT more like a business.
- Visually define, collect and manage service levels and operational compliance/quality metrics in the context of IT services.
- Create and manage workflows to orchestrate, track and approve agreements, commitments and sign-offs and capture auditable adjustments.
- Alert when an SLA, OLA, KPI or UC commitment is in danger of being missed.
- Publish monthly service reports and booklets covering performance, along with root cause and business impact reports to identify remedial action.
- Automatically track, validate and manage vendor invoices on an ongoing basis against contract terms, actual spending and service performance/value metrics.