vSphere Upgrade Center
Leverage the Power of Virtualization and Cloud Computing
VMware vSphere® 6.0, the industry leading virtualization platform, lets you virtualize applications with confidence, redefines availability and simplifies the virtual data center.
Here's why you should upgrade to vSphere 6.0:
- Support for New Architectures – Expanded support for the latest x86 chip sets, devices, drivers and guest operating systems.
- Scalability – With increased configuration maximums, virtual machines will now support up to 128 virtual CPUs (vCPUs) and 4TB virtual RAM (vRAM). Hosts will support up to 480 CPU and 6TB of RAM, 1024 virtual machines per host, and 64 nodes per cluster.
- Multi-Processor Fault Tolerance – Expanded support for software-based fault tolerance for workloads with up to 4 virtual CPUs.
- Long-Distance vMotion – Perform non-disruptive live migration of workloads over distances of up to 100ms RTT. The 10x increase in RTT offered in Long-Distance vMotion now makes it possible for data centers physically located in New York and London to migrate live workloads between one another.
- Transform Storage for your Virtual Machines – vSphere Virtual Volumes enables your external storage arrays to become VM-aware. Storage policy-based management (SPBM) allows common management across storage tiers and dynamic storage class of service automation. Together they enable exact combinations of data services (snapshots, clones, remote replication, deduplication, etc.) to be instantiated more efficiently on a per VM basis.
- Content Library – Centralized repository that provides simple and effective management for content including virtual machine templates, ISO images and scripts. With Content Library, it is now possible to store and manage content from a central location and share through a publish/subscribe model.